19-07-2010, 02:13 PM
Ohhh gosh!
Poor Jake!!
Massive hugs from Teagan and I, and I hope he feels better soon xxx
Tori
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2010, 02:15 PM
Ouch poor Jake, hope he feels better soon. xxx.
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2010, 07:43 PM
Thanks everyone. He is more perky on walks today, still on lead of course. But in the house, just lies looking sad I hope he heals up quickly.
hayleybella
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2010, 10:16 PM
Poor Jake, hope he heals quickly!! my first thought on seeing the pick was a bite from a lage animal
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2010, 10:29 PM
Originally Posted by hayleybella View Post
Poor Jake, hope he heals quickly!! my first thought on seeing the pick was a bite from a lage animal
Thanks.

My first thought when I saw it was, 'OMG, he has been attacked by a badger!' but I thought if it was something like that, he would have had more wounds or marks on him. Also, that it would have been more like a fight so would have heard something...
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

19-07-2010, 11:35 PM
Thanks everyone. He is more perky on walks today, still on lead of course. But in the house, just lies looking sad I hope he heals up quickly.
Poor Jake, what a nasty experience. One good thing is young fit dogs usually heal very quickly, I hope Jake is back to normal very soon .
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2010, 05:17 AM
OMG I've only just seen the pic and that looks horrendous. No wonder you were so worried. Hopefully he will heal nice and quickly poor lad.
(((hugs))) to you and gentle (((hugs))) to jake.
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2010, 09:29 AM
Thanks guys. He is so much brighter today, and has been trotting around the house like normal I just hope he keeps it up! and today our walk was bright and sunny, which was great. Sunday and monday were both miserable so I spent most of our walks worrying about rain. Sticking close to trees and carrying things to cover him incase it did. I have a funny pic I will need to post at some point of jake in his 'rain jacket'
Berger
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2010, 09:59 AM
Oh bless him that looks so painful. So sorry I missed this, not getting on as much as I'd like lately, god you must have been in a heap when it happened!!

His poor little face in the first pic with the buster collar. I remember when Ivan had his I could've cried looking at him. He would just stand in the middle of the room cause when he moved he just bashed off everything. He couldn't get through any doorways. I just ended up taking it off him most of the time and just putting it on when I wasn't with him.

You feel so guilty don't you they are so helpless. I hope Jake is enjoying all the extra fuss and attention. Glad he is feeling better. I hope it continues xx
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2010, 11:28 AM
Oh your poor little Jake, that looks horrendous, but glad to hear he's perking up a bit now. I would have gone into headless chicken mode if my dog had come out of the bushes with a gaping wound like Jake must have had, you poor, poor thing

I tell you something, that vet of yours has made a brilliant job of stitching it all up so neatly hasn't he! I wonder if it was some discarded barbed wire, coz I've seen a lot of that about, just chucked into the bushes??!! Unless of course, you actually saw the glass maybe? Oh dear, oh dear, let's hope it all heals up nicely, he's a young dog, it shouldn't take long, and good luck with him.xxxxx
Page 8 of 18 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 > Last »