View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Crysania
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2016, 12:15 AM
The hedgehog thing is making me giggle! It would be kind of awesome if it were real but I imagine Ben would have murdered it by now. He almost killed a baby squirrel the other day!
NickyAnn
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-05-2016, 12:16 AM
Originally Posted by Crysania View Post
I finally sold a lens I wasn't using and was able to buy a new camera body. For those curious, it's a Sony a77ii. I've been having a blast getting to know the camera this week. So much more fancy than my previous one. Lots of bells and whistles! But I LOVE the quality of the photos I'm getting. It just has more subtlety than my previous camera.

She looks very happy in the yard.
Crysania
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2016, 12:26 AM
Ah yes...is this supposed to be a thinly veiled attempt to insinuate that my dog is only off leash in my yard? Nice try. It just so happens that I got a new camera and took photos after work and have a nice big yard.

Here she is NOT IN A YARD.

Ben is on leash because we had him for only a month at the time and he still had not bonded to us.

Here she is on vacation at a place where she is ALLOWED off leash and is completely not fencced in.

Here she is on a hike. No leash.

Want more proof?
NickyAnn
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-05-2016, 02:16 AM
Ah yes...is this supposed to be a thinly veiled attempt to insinuate that my dog is only off leash in my yard? Nice try. It just so happens that I got a new camera and took photos after work and have a nice big yard.

Here she is NOT IN A YARD.

Ben is on leash because we had him for only a month at the time and he still had not bonded to us.

Here she is on vacation at a place where she is ALLOWED off leash and is completely not fencced in.

Here she is on a hike. No leash.

Want more proof?
Proof of what? https://www.flickr.com/cameraroll
Crysania
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2016, 10:16 AM
Originally Posted by NickyAnn View Post
Proof of what? https://www.flickr.com/cameraroll
You seem to be attempting to imply that my dogs are never off leash. Hence the dig at "in your yard." Yes I have a yard. Quite a nice one with a fence. I don't live in an area where I can have the dogs off leash legally in many places (the nearest is about 20 minutes away). I used to live in a place where I could walk my dog off leash most days (there was a beautiful park with a pond and a nice trail around it). Dahlia (the older dog) got to be off leash all the time. But we moved and here there's no nearby parks. But we purposely bought a house with a fenced in yard so the dogs could enjoy their time out there without anyone else coming into the yard. And especially so we could get Ben, who couldn't be off leash when we first brought him home but still needed off leash running time.

So...I'm not quite seeing your point. My dogs are trained to be off leash.

And I'm not quite sure what a link to Flickr is supposed to be for...if you think you're linking me to your pictures of your shocked dogs, you're not. It just takes me to the flickr main page.
NickyAnn
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-05-2016, 08:11 PM
I'm hoping to get into some low light conditions soon! I take a lot of photos at agility classes in a barn with not great lighting. My instructor is going to get me up there sometime soon so I can play with the camera and play at being distraction for the dogs (it's a win-win situation!).

I have to be honest...I've never used the dual card slot in my old camera. I'm sure it would have been handy but I only ever used just the one and traded out cards. I don't really take photos for things like weddings or families so there's no concern there.

The swing out screen is nice in a way. When you have it seated in the camera it's really seated in there and there's no way to knock it out. It's flush right up to it and sits in tightly. So unless you need it, it's not in the way. But it comes in handy on occasion. My Sony a580 had one and I used it on occasion. Mostly if I wanted to put the camera on the ground for a shot at a really low angle and didn't feel like laying down in the grass to it. Or once or twice at the zoo when I had to shoot over a fence and the only way to see what I was taking pictures of was by moving the screen out so I could see it that way. So it has its uses! But mostly it just stays seated in the camera.

The one thing I'm not that fond of is the EVF. I really prefer an optical viewfinder but this is where Sony has gone to and so I have no choice but to follow. Like Phil above, I have an investment in my lenses and so I'm just not willing to dump it all to start over with something new. I started with Sony because when I was a clueless newbie I got a good deal on a refurbished Sony a230. And so here I am with one of Sony's latest!

I HAVE contemplated picking up a used Canon or Nikon at some point, maybe some lower end camera, just to maybe get started with a different brand. But I don't have the money at the moment, so Sony it is!
With the proper metal tool you should be able to chip the discoloring plaque off of her back teeth. No need for a vet.
Crysania
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2016, 08:37 PM
Ben is a HE you jackass. Hence the name BEN.

And HE is a rescue and came to me with his teeth really bad from poor nutrition and care during the first two years of his life. They're actually a lot better than when I first adopted him. Not that I expect some shock jock who buys their dogs from bad breeders to understand rescue dogs at all. So you know, piss off.
1cutedog
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-05-2016, 09:31 PM
NickyAnn do you get paid each time someone visits your images? If not I can't imagine why you have to bombard every post you make with links.

Crysania I so agree with your last two words in the previous post
Crysania
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2016, 09:33 PM
Originally Posted by 1cutedog View Post
NickyAnn do you get paid each time someone visits your images? If not I can't imagine why you have to bombard every post you make with links.

Crysania I so agree with your last two words in the previous post
I think she's trying to prove...something? But I can't imagine what.
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

21-05-2016, 09:57 PM
I'd cheerfully second your sentiments as regards this ridiculous woman. I have already said my au revoirs to the poor deluded creature on a different thread.
I'm with the last two words as well!!!!
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >