Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2005, 06:40 PM

Full of surprises

Well just shows you your dogs can always surprise you. Varg is having a growth spurt, not his head maturing nor the chest, no this is his legs. So what is the surprise in that you are asking, well he is 16 months old this week, may be some breeds continue to grow in height this late but I have not known mine to do so. Thought at first it just looked that way because he is loosing coat, but today I checked him against the others and he has got taller by about an inch. Now an inch is ok, but I hope he jolly well stops now or I shall think I have been sold an Akita. :smt026
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

06-02-2005, 06:48 PM
We thought the same with rocky (he's 15months) and it definately looks like his back legs have got taller! His front legs are the same at 27" to the withers, but he definately looks taller (unfourtunately I never thougt to measure his back legs before!!)
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2005, 07:10 PM
LOL no one doesn't - I only know because he is now taller than Solli.
Archer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2005, 07:50 PM
Frankie's taller than both my other boys Jackie and hes just turned 12 months
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2005, 08:14 PM
Thing is Nikki, he was the same size as Solli till this last few weeks when he has definitely grown in the legs. Now he did look long in the back but that is now ok, which is good but I hope to goodness he has stopped again or he is going to add being too tall to any other faults that I am aware of and hope no one else notices
Archer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2005, 08:19 PM
Better a well proportioned taller dag than a long one IMO.
Judges have already noticed Frankies size...the Manchester Ch judge was definately concerned...stood tight up against him to measure him against his leg.Then in BP challenge didn't help that he was up against a little 'fluffy' and looked like an elephant!
Heres hoping Frankie doesn't do lie his 1/2 brother and grow any more
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2005, 08:53 PM
Hell be ok if he stops now and there is no way he could be called a fluffy elephant, more likely to be a Giraffe.