Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
britishbandit
Dogsey Junior
Female 

31-08-2007, 04:13 PM

Why?

I wasn't sure where to put this, since it involves both cats and dogs.

I should start by saying, I live alone. Apart from my buddy who rents my basement (which is a completely separate area), I have no spouse, kids or roomies. So, when I am in the bathroom, whether it is to brush my teeth, have a bath/shower, use the loo, I typically don't close the door.

My question is, WHY do my pets think that when I'm in the bathroom, it's the perfect time for me to give them some affection? I mean it, all of them, cats and dogs always come in to "visit". And really I don't mind, apart from when I'm on the toilet. LOL The dogs are pretty good, if I ask them to go lay down they will. But the cats, no such luck. They weave in and out of my legs and headbutt me, purring like mad. When I'm doing something at the sink, both dogs are at my side as well as the cats on the counter looking up at me purring away, in the bath/shower, the dogs lay beside the tub and occasionally get up to come over and slap me on the face with their tongues, cats perched on the edge of the tub.

If I do happen to close the door, you can hear the snorting noises of the dogs under the door, and the cats paws poking through as they meow, like I'm never coming back out again. It's like "Honestly you guys, there's only one way in and out of here, you WILL see me again shortly".

I remember when Bandit was a baby, he'd waltz in and fall asleep in my dropped pants while I was on the loo.....LMAO.

I did try to use this to my advantage at one time, by teaching PJ to pass me my towel when I was done in the bath/shower, but that didn't last long, he's far too drooly and it completely defeated the purpose of getting clean in the first place. HAHA

I know, I could always close the door right? Well I really don't mind, it's not like I get any cold wet noses up the bum or anything lol, I just wonder why they think when I'm in the bathroom that it's the perfect time to get attention/affection? Animals are weird! Anyone else have pets that follow you absolutely EVERYWHERE?
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-08-2007, 04:32 PM
This could be my house.

The dogs always come into to the bathroom with me and my cat Halibut used to before he went to the Bridge...I think its because they've figured out they've got your undivided attention - i.e. you can't get up and run off

Hoki now even trys to get in the shower with me
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-08-2007, 04:35 PM
We have 3 bathrooms, the one downstairs is the only one the dogs can get to, so when I go in they both follow, actually Inca is always in first so she can check whats in that big white water bowl.
Inca will lie by the door and Tonto will sit with me
In fact usually he will go and sit under my knees and rest his head on my undies

The one we use upstairs is the cats one. If you leave the door open one will come in and sit on the handbasin in front of you waiting for you to turn the tap on to drip so he can have a drink. Like you've nothing better to do.

The other bathroom upstairs is used solely by my son, so God knows what happens in there, although there is often cat kibble on the floor.
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-08-2007, 07:35 PM
sounds like my house , beau my youngest come in first drapes herself across my knee then in comes lady for a bum scratch then in comes skye for a belly rub ,cant even get a shower in peace and what worse if i lock the door lady just bends handle down and comes in followed by beau or skye who have too peak around shower curtain and bite my bum in fun xxxdk