Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-11-2013, 07:36 PM
Originally Posted by Annestaff View Post
They do Kazz, Bristol zoo held a bangless bonfire night,
That is REALLY interesting! I am off to google that right now. Thanks for the info.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-11-2013, 09:10 PM
Well I have just had two of the most stressful hours of my life watching my dog pace and try to climb into gap that are not there like the arms of the computer chair. Eventually we are back down to defcon12 from orbit.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-11-2013, 09:11 PM
Originally Posted by Tang View Post
I think it's becoz they use GUNPOWDER - here you go KAZZ

I do hope you don't get berated for likening it to a World War!
Why would I be berated it is like WW3. I know this because my Dad and Mom lived and fought though ww2 and said some of the bangs are like bombs.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-11-2013, 09:12 PM
Originally Posted by Annestaff View Post
They do Kazz, Bristol zoo held a bangless bonfire night,
Really I am going to have a look at that. Good on Bristol Zoo.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-11-2013, 09:13 PM
I know something though I am writing myself a note for next year and making sure I have the fan in action to keep the room cool for Bella and maybe a chill pilow sort of thing she is coming down because she just had her first drink of water and a malted milk biscuit. The odd bang still going off and someone starting late as I type but not as full on as earlier
dave2003
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-11-2013, 01:43 AM
poor bella, hope you and her all settled now. my dog dave struggled tonight as well i swear they were louder than before. poor animals/nervous people around the country! roll on new year (not)!!!
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-11-2013, 08:22 AM
Was dreadful here, because weather was bad the last 2 weekends they seemed to set them all off last night, so although it was traumatic I am hoping that's it all finished. Quietened down about 10pm and Mollie crept out of her blanket den under the dining table, all went to bed then one solitary enormous explosion went off sending her into a panic again. So eventually managed to get back to bed at 11.45pm not good with a 4am start this morning but the dogs are sleeping in so they are OK.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-11-2013, 08:33 AM
Hoping the worst of it is over for those of you in the UK. And bracing myself for them here on Friday. Not a sound last night so I guess one and all are holding over until Friday when the big displays are going on.

I've got the spare room ready so she can hide under the bed in there. Have noticed how much more noise is blocked out if I just 'lock' the sliding double glazed doors and windows and not just 'close' them so will be doing that again too (did it last night just in case).

And I agree they seem to be getting louder every year and some of them do sound like real explosions.

When I was a kid firework night was celebrated by people building huge bonfires on bombsite debris in London and the fireworks were all catherine wheels, bangers and rockets.

They've become so fantastic and 'clever' nowadays they're nothing like the old ones were and DEFINITELY louder. Especially those ones that go off and then go off again once up in the air.

We have shooting ranges everywhere in Cyprus and I live very close to an army camp where they are always doing something but those noises don't really scare my dog. There must be something about the noise frequency of fireworks that is the problem.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2