Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2009, 03:20 PM

Anyone seen this?? :-((

Hi,

Found this................

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/4/20090502/...k-dba1618.html

How long now before everyone jumps on GSDs as being OTT people aggressive monsters that should be destroyed?!

Actually, this guy died of head injuries according to ths and the other reports I've read. But I doubt people will get that far.

Sensationalism wins again! (

Laura xx
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2009, 03:26 PM
it sounds like a really nasty accident to me,

but as always the media will bend things,
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2009, 03:37 PM
Likewise, it sounds like a terrible accident but it also makes you wonder...

Two dogs, having a fight... so they're already wound up anyway and we all know that it's quite possible to get hurt when splitting up two dogs who are intent on having an argument...

Why wasn't the owner splitting them up? I wouldn't let anyone else split my dogs up (not that they ever fight and I genuinely can't see this pair having a fight at all).

When they're midfight and already aroused, isn't it a bad idea for someone to try and part them?

We don't know how well they knew the guy that split them up, if at all and perhaps things would've been very different if the owner had split them up instead
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2009, 03:47 PM
Sadly, the press always go to town on stories like these. I do feel sorry for the guy of course, especially being so young.

It kind of reminds me of the recent story where the guy died of a heart attack and his Rottie (who had been nudging him trying to get him up) was originally and widely reported in the press to have caused his death. Later there was a tiny little column stating he had died of natural causes - not that most people would have spotted it.

I do hope they don't wheel out the old 'dangerous dog' tag for GSD's now because of this. We're only just making headway with this new Bill going through Parliament trying to amend it.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2009, 04:29 PM
I read about this on Yahoo news too. Very sad incident, but of course the press are totally sensationalising it, as though the GSDs savaged this guy to death, when it would seem he fell and hit his head.