View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Gillbo64
Dogsey Junior
Female 

25-04-2009, 06:37 AM

WARNING dog knappings ... everyone please read!!

I would like to warn everyone of a terrible scam that's happening in Nottinghamshire & Lincolnshire (maybe other areas but I don't know)
This happened to someone at the dog training club at Stapleford Woods on the Notts/Lincs border & apparently there's been a few similar incidents.

She was taking her dog for a walk in the woods off the lead as usual. The dog is very obedient & always comes back when called. When she got to the carpark the dog ran behind a parked car & out of sight briefly. Suddenly the dog was nowhere to be seen.
She & her husband (both OAPs) spent 4 hours searching for the dog to no avail. They then reported the loss to the police. That night there was a knock at the door & a man was standing there & asked if she'd lost a dog. When she said she had he asked if there was a reward for information leading to its return. She agreed as obviously she wanted her boy back. He replied that he would be able to give her some information but she would have to give him £50 immediately. She paid him & was told to go to a meeting point the following morning where her dog would be returned.
The next day she went & was reunited with her much loved pet, who appeared unharmed. After this she reported it to the police who said there had been several similar incidents reported recently. So please be extra vigilant!
pupsandpets
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-04-2009, 06:42 AM
How awful - and scary to think they must know who they are going to target and know where they live to turn up at the house like that!
JanieM
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-04-2009, 07:29 AM
Just imagine that stomach plummeting moment when you realise your dog has gone! Terrifying, so glad they got their dog back but how awful to think these poeple know where they live.
queenwillow
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-04-2009, 07:35 AM
terrible dos make you angry
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-04-2009, 08:08 AM
Scum of the earth
Becky
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-04-2009, 08:30 AM
That is absolutely dreadful, I just can't imagine how I would feel suddenly losing Mo in this way.
I just hope who ever is responsible is caughtsoon.
inkliveeva
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-04-2009, 08:33 AM
Thats awful, glad they got the dog back, feckin barstewards...like to see them try to lift Toro, she'd take the face off them !
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-04-2009, 08:40 AM
Dreadful......
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-04-2009, 09:23 AM
That is just disgusting. How do they know where you live though, that's bit scary. I don't allow mine offlead but I'll certainly warn other doggy people around here. We're a long way from you where you are talking about but these scams usually spread quite quickly Thanks for the warning
johnderondon
Almost a Veteran
Male 

25-04-2009, 09:54 AM
Originally Posted by CheekyChihuahua View Post
How do they know where you live though, that's bit scary.
...every dog while in a highway or in a place of public resort shall wear a collar with the name and address of the owner inscribed on the collar or on a plate or badge attached to it.

http://www.opsi.gov.uk/SI/si1992/Uksi_19920901_en_1.htm
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >