View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2010, 05:43 AM
Aw Shona that is great to see her and she has come on so well considering how poorly she was at one point.

Gtreat pics and thanks for sharing
muttzrule
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2010, 06:09 AM
Oh wow GORGEOUS! I can't get over how big she is! My friend has a quarter horse filly thats just 14 months old and I can still stand and put my arm over her shoulder. Not sure I could reach that clydes shoulder! She is stunning though. Lovely markings!
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2010, 06:12 AM
Originally Posted by nddogs View Post
I LOVE Clydesdales!! Thats a lovely one. Love the hairy belly too. We used to have a Clydesdale x appaloosa (Hector) some thought he was very ugly as he was white with a few very small brown spots but some one wanted him at her wedding!! So she had him and a tractor, at her wedding!! In our village hall car park. Well each to their own I guess But I don't think (even as a Clydesdale lover) that Hector would have been my first choice and as for the tractor....

(now just hoping no one else is reading this and were planning on doing similar for their wedding)
I have seen a few farming couples use a tractor as the means of transport to the church or wherever I think it is just a bit of fun
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2010, 06:16 AM
Originally Posted by nddogs View Post
ps. I think Hector got more attention than her new hubby if I remember right when photos were being taken she was hugging and kissing the horse and the new hubby was stood to one side looking a bit awkward!! It was a funny day.
Aww poor hubby Do you have any pics of Hector?
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2010, 06:18 AM
She is gorgeous Shona...and what a growth rate..I wonder how big she will be this time next year
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

25-05-2010, 06:43 AM
She is lovely and she has certainly grown.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2010, 07:08 AM
Originally Posted by Benzmum View Post
Aw Shona that is great to see her and she has come on so well considering how poorly she was at one point.

Gtreat pics and thanks for sharing
so true, we did not think she would end up being so good, shes going to be in the show ring in the next month or so hence the chaps on her feet, shes done so well and came such a long way.

Originally Posted by muttzrule View Post
Oh wow GORGEOUS! I can't get over how big she is! My friend has a quarter horse filly thats just 14 months old and I can still stand and put my arm over her shoulder. Not sure I could reach that clydes shoulder! She is stunning though. Lovely markings!
lots of people get scared round them at that age, they are so big but still babys so tend to bounce and jump {just like foals do} but being so big can intimidate people a wee bit.

Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
I have seen a few farming couples use a tractor as the means of transport to the church or wherever I think it is just a bit of fun
a lovely shiny clean one though

Originally Posted by scorpio View Post
She is gorgeous Shona...and what a growth rate..I wonder how big she will be this time next year
she should make around 17hh

Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
She is lovely and she has certainly grown.
they grow like weeds lol
Wyrd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2010, 07:57 AM
She's gonna be big!
tillytheterrier
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2010, 09:35 AM
Im in lurve!!! What a gorgeous girl. What do you plan doing with her when she's older? They're such a beautiful breed but dont tend to see them much, only at agricutural shows etc. I would love one as a riding horse If I had the finances.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2010, 09:38 AM
Originally Posted by Wyrd View Post
She's gonna be big!
she sure is, shes prob around 16hh-ish just now

Originally Posted by tillytheterrier View Post
Im in lurve!!! What a gorgeous girl. What do you plan doing with her when she's older? They're such a beautiful breed but dont tend to see them much, only at agricutural shows etc. I would love one as a riding horse If I had the finances.
she will be shown, then if she continues to improve she will eventually be bred from. She is also a much loved pet.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >