View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2010, 04:51 PM
Shady done her cruciate ligament which cause pain and limping and medication did not help.
It could be a number of things though so put all the suggestions on here together to put to your vet if the x-rays don't show much.
Good Luck tomorrow and I hope you get to the bottom of it. Let us know the results.
AllyLambell
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-07-2010, 05:29 PM
Originally Posted by Dobermonkey View Post
i thought with possible growth related/growing pains a low protein diet was preferable?
Oops thanks for pointing that out - another senior moment...my brain said low and my fingers wrote high DOH.
Sherry
New Member!
Female 

20-07-2010, 08:06 PM
Thanks to everyone for your thoughts and concern we very much appreciate all of them. Teddy had her xrays with sedation and vet says: Dx:flux patella. Needs to see ortho surgeon, increased anti inflam. Teddy still limping yesterday but today will walk on our fours for awhile then limp again. Some improvement!Yeah!!!! We have decided to take her to Ohio State. which has a wonderful reputation, however, for some reason, I am still not truely convinced this is her problem. Ohio State will re-evaluate her the day of surg. At times she acts perky and others depressed because she cant run and play. The reason I am not sure of diagnosis is because I have heard of many dogs having flux patellas and live a normal life and now they say Teddy needs surg on both. What are your thoughts?
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2010, 08:35 PM
From what I have heard of it, it can be more severe requiring surgery in some dogs and only mild in others.
I would go and see the orthopedic surgeon as they will be able to tell you for sure.
muttzrule
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2010, 07:00 AM
Sorry to hear your pup has been in pain. Luxating patellas are more common in smaller dogs. Smaller dogs typically have less of a problem with them because they are, well, small. A large dog usually can't cope simply due to their size. Also, it sounds as if your pup has a pretty severe case. Ohio State has an excellent vet school, good luck there.
animal-lover
Dogsey Junior
Female 

21-07-2010, 03:22 PM
Sorry to hear your dog is having these problems, i wish you all the best of luck take care.
Sherry
New Member!
Female 

21-07-2010, 07:54 PM
Thanks to everyone again, such wonderful helpful people on this site. Teddy's referral has been sent to Ohio State Vet Hospital and now we wait for a call to schedule appt. As I understand it - we will take her records and xrays to appt. they will evaluate and same day surg if they deem necessary, she will stay overnight and home next day to recover. I will keep you all posted. If anyone has any comments or info please do not hesitate to sent it my way. In the meantime I will keep my fingers crossed! xxto all of you
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2