Our sister sites
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2012, 11:51 PM
Originally Posted by EmmiS View Post
I keep trying to think of a witty CKC one and failing
Cavalier King Charles spaniels

Adorable permanent puppy cocker spaniels. There were originally bred by kings to keep their thrones warm and need to be carried around on velvet cushions. They do not need to be walked like other dogs and because of their delicate natures must be picked up and held high above your head at the least sign of mud, dogs, or muddy dogs.

IIE red velvet cushions and gold leafed baroque furniture.

WARNING Must not be raw fed - There are still stories told of the fearsome blood thirsty CKCS packs that drank the blood of the beheaded at the guillotene in france and were only brought back under tentative domestication again recently. One tiny taste of a drop of blood and the fearsome dogs will revert to their terrifying feral natures.
mummysnoo
Dogsey Junior
Female 

17-02-2012, 12:05 AM
[QUOTE=Mother*ship;1587034]Me too! And then it got passed down to cousins, left me with a life-long love for wire haired fox terriers!

Now there is no way I can be as funny as C&D but seeing as no one else has tried here goes...

Miniature Schnauzers
Grey dogs with Dennis Healy's eyebrows, if it's black it must be a Scotty dog really. All boys because they have beards, comes perfectly clipped so never needs to be taken to the groomers. Part of the Utility group so nothing at all like those nasty terriers that like to chase small fluffy creatures.

Loving this thread, Great description of the M S above.
DoKhyi
Almost a Veteran
Female 

17-02-2012, 10:32 AM
Chow Chows

Chow Chows are not really dogs at all, they are actually descended from Tibetan blue bears. This is evident from their blue tongue and straight back legs. In China they have an extensive cross breeding program for chows where they have bred chows with lions to get the magnificent red ones you commonly see. The fawn ones are brown/grizzly bear crosses, black ones are obviously crossed with moon bears, the cream are polar bear crosses and the blues are obviously the original colour.

The most controversial and latest cross breeding is the Panda Chow [CLICK HERE], which has been cross bred with the panda in an attempt to boost numbers of this endangered species. To great success as the ones with pink tongues an no tail went into the panda conservation program and the ones with blue tongues and tails make excellent and unusual pets.

It's all true I swear! I read the bit about bear ancestry in an old book written by a chow chow breeder. The rest I've just made up *cough* is out there on t'internet so it must be true!
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-02-2012, 10:50 AM
Originally Posted by magpye View Post
Clearly we are in need of a new behavioural theory:

Innate instinctual environmental theory:

All dogs are born with a instinctual affinity with a particular terrain or environment and may become confused if taken outside of this innate environment. Before getting a dog it is vital you understand the type of environment your dog breed is innately drawn towards so that you can soothe them by placing them in or near this environment in case of stress or confusion. Innate instinctual environment theory can be combined with crate training (which is the theory that dogs are happy in boxes and can be 'put away' when not required) by decorating the storage crate in the manner of the breeds instinctive environment.

Breeds and their IIEs examples

Labradors - back seats of range rovers
Jack Russells - Down rabbit holes
Huskies - snow
Lurchers - fields or in front of the aga
Alsatians - behind chain link fences
Chihuahuas - handbags
Cavalier King Charles Spaniels - Laps
staffies - street corners or tied outside supermarkets.
Excellent piece of scholarly research.
I have just obtained a grant to complement this research with a parallel scientific investigation of Identity Confusion in dogs caused by Owner Apparel.
Initial findings seem to lead one to the following conclusions.

GSDs get very upset if the owners wear Pink. The dogs seem most comfortable when the traditional Large Black Top and Leggings with accompanying Sensible Shoes are employed.
(see Barker and Gruff, 2010)

Simlarly, Bichons gravitate naturally towards mature ladies with white hair.
Five Bichons were let loose in the laboratory and allowed to `choose` a Mummy. All avoided the Yoof, one moved in on the Yummy Mummy, but the rest elected to paw at the Old Dear.
This interesting experiment leads one to wonder if dogs look for owners like themselves?

Owners are invited to further this research by wearing outfits in which they wouldn`t normally walk the dog, and observing their dogs reaction. Photos would be appreciated.
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-02-2012, 12:10 PM
That makes perfect sense! and explains why chihuahuas and bichon always look so uncomfortable when being walked by big beardy men (or is the men that look uncomfortable. I get confused)...

Pharaoh is a whippety looking lurcher. Maybe I should invest in a flat cap to put him more at ease? Kismet is a husky cross... so clearly I'm going to need a fur coat. No wonder she pulls, she's just trying to get away from my unsuitable apparel!

We should really apply for some funding to continue our researches.

I am actually looking for a dissertation topic... I wonder what my anthrozoology lecturer would think of innate instinctual environment and owner apparel confusion theory as topics. I might put it to him then take a photo of his face
Sara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-02-2012, 12:38 PM
OH NO!!! What does one wear when walking a border collie-sized scruffy terrier mix and 2 tiny white Dachshunds??? I must repair the damage immediately! Boo's already having an identity crisis! (he's gay dont'cha know) Please help me!
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-02-2012, 12:51 PM
Originally Posted by Sara'n'Scout View Post
OH NO!!! What does one wear when walking a border collie-sized scruffy terrier mix and 2 tiny white Dachshunds??? I must repair the damage immediately! Boo's already having an identity crisis! (he's gay dont'cha know) Please help me!
Simples

The black leather and 'sensible' walking boots and hat should put your scruffy terrier at ease and the german traditional theme will settle those dachschunds right down
Sara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-02-2012, 01:10 PM
Simples

The black leather and 'sensible' walking boots and hat should put your scruffy terrier at ease and the german traditional theme will settle those dachschunds right down
OH THANK YOU! I'll have to order the outfit online though... You dont see may traditional german outfits in Sears
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-02-2012, 01:17 PM
Thikipedia... always willing to help.
http://www.sears.com/rubies-bruno-le...SPM3385990801P
Sara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-02-2012, 01:41 PM
Thikipedia... always willing to help.
http://www.sears.com/rubies-bruno-le...SPM3385990801P
hmmm, I wonder if it comes in Blue? I think the pink would confuse Boo even more
Page 27 of 29 « First < 17 24 25 26 27 28 29 >