Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lolo
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-08-2006, 06:50 PM

D.I. Blooming Y.

ok, may sound a little strange, but we bought a house two years ago and haven't been able to move in yet, (more about not having enough money etc!! the usual! ) anywhoo, so currently me and OH are living with my parents, which is a cool arrangement most of the time!!!

So we decided today to go and spend some time there (all four of us!)and do some more work on the place, its mainly decorated inside but there are still bits to do and the front and back gardens were a mess. We all trolled down there this morning at 8am following a row between me and the OH!! :smt021 :smt021 and thats when it began.....

Why is it that all family members have different ideas about how something should be done and in which order and they are never the same as your own, followed by completely differnt opinions about certain aspects of your house and how you want things, to the point where you feel like you are going to explode and steam is coming out of your ears!!!

I held it together and didn't shout or get mad, but i did keep making rather a lot of trips to the bathroom and it wasn't because I needed a wee!!!!!

So my question (besides my little rant!!!) is does anyone else experience this and why does it happen????? EURGH!!!
:smt017 :smt017 :smt017 :smt017 :smt017 :smt017
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

06-08-2006, 07:15 PM
Cause we humans cant agree on anything-let alone the order in decorating a house!

Me personally though-start at the top and work your way down.Then you dont tread crap onto clean floors downstairs.
darasa
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-08-2006, 08:23 PM
same thing happens here too.. OH has one way of doing things I have a completely different way.. he is a perfectionist in all things DIY... it will take him 2 weeks to rub down & gloss woodwork,in one room .. whilst I could decorate most of the house in that time! colours etc he leaves to me as he is colour blind .. but he did comment that the lovely Cafe Latte shade I got for our room looks just like wet plaster, worse still, he is right Now if he is doing something I do not even look, comment, offer help ,etc.. I just don't interfere at all.. it gets done, albiet slowly.. If I am doing something he will offer to help , I refuse, he sighs with relief, all happy
I chose all interior decor, sofas cushions etc etc .. he doesn't really care as long as it's comfy and I'm happy with it.

Rachel
duboing
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2006, 09:36 PM
Originally Posted by darasa
.. but he did comment that the lovely Cafe Latte shade I got for our room looks just like wet plaster, worse still, he is right
Ha-ha! I know that colour! I had the bathroom in my old house painted in it, and I described over the phone to my sister as looking like wet plaster, and that was enough to sell it to her, she went and did her hallway in the same colour. Wet plaster is obviously a highly desirable colour

Back on topic, the diy arguments are inevitable. My OH and I are awful, mainly because we're both the kind of people who are always sure we are right, so when there's a disagreement it becomes a total stalemate

Usually I let him do things his way (unless he's being really stupid ), but following my designs. And he leaves the detail to me, especially when it comes to gloss paint. I'm the perfectionist in this house!
ceiron
Almost a Veteran
Male 

06-08-2006, 11:33 PM
nope coz im the only one that does anythign in this house and i used to do loads fo diy in our pubs, so it was done my way or didnt get done.lol