Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
kimberleythomas
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-11-2012, 12:50 PM

Stealing

This morning Pixie stole 5 weetabix off the table cheaky little madam. Will have to make sure table is clear in future.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

13-11-2012, 01:02 PM
Years ago I left a young Mini Schnauzer in the kitchen with a set breakfast table .
I went to answer the telephone and when I came back I found she had cleared the butter dish/ sugar bowl/marmalade and was sitting in the dog bed looking the picture of innocence with a layer of each stuck in her beard
lynnb
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-11-2012, 01:10 PM
Hooch stole my dads false teeth and put them in a hole he had dug in the garden.
Luckly there was no damage, maybe he thought he was helping my dad to lose weight lol.
dizzi
Almost a Veteran
Female 

13-11-2012, 01:59 PM
Our dog managed to acquire a box of Special K from the bench before we sussed his counter surfing ways.

Even HE, the dog that views vomit as an opportunity to relive the joy of breakfast for a second time, refused to eat the stuff!
Jenn~n~Luke
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-11-2012, 06:43 AM
Luke is very good about not stealing. I can leave stuff lying all around the house and he won't touch it. BUT....this one night, I brought home a piece of beef jerky for myself. I'd been craving it for ages. Anyway I had it in a bag with a few other things I'd bought, and had to leave the room. When I came back in, there was Luke, sitting on our bed happy as can be. On the dresser, placed side by side, were my other items. On the floor, was the bag. No beef jerky! LOL He literally took the stuff out of the bag and put them on my dresser that way. I couldn't help but laugh even though I really wanted that jerky. He figured it was his, I almost always come home with something for him, and since when did Mom eat dog treats right? At least he was polite enough to put my other stuff up for me lol. And they say GD's are stupid. Not this one!
katygeorge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-11-2012, 07:21 PM
phoebe would steal just about anything a few years ago and even started to open fridge and freezer and just help her self. No shes not so bad if left alone with something she will sit and stare for ages about 5-6 mins before she caves and eats it. Best one must be a batch of 24 cupcakes i had spent an age baking and decorating for a party that i then had to take shop ones to
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

14-11-2012, 07:24 PM
Originally Posted by katygeorge View Post
phoebe would steal just about anything a few years ago and even started to open fridge and freezer and just help her self. No shes not so bad if left alone with something she will sit and stare for ages about 5-6 mins before she caves and eats it. Best one must be a batch of 24 cupcakes i had spent an age baking and decorating for a party that i then had to take shop ones to
Goodness Katy I bet Phoebe enjoyed those
katygeorge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-11-2012, 07:27 PM
Originally Posted by Minihaha View Post
Goodness Katy I bet Phoebe enjoyed those
oh year im sure she did. orange cupcakes filled with marmalade and orange buttercream frosting on top with candied orange peal. they took me hours i was sooo mad but couldnt help laugh at the paper cases all over kitchen and the marmalade and frosting all over her, she was so sticky
EmmiS
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-11-2012, 07:33 PM
my friends greyhound has eaten obscene amounts of cardboard, a whole roll of baking paper, their herb garden a few times, a whole giant chocolate tray bake, a jacket potato with beans butter and cheese that someone left for about 10 seconds to get a glass of water. You'd think they leave stuff lying around, they don't! She finds it!!

Amazingly none of this has ever had any ill effect.
chaospony
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-11-2012, 01:35 PM
I am lucky neither of my dogs steal any thing, I tend to leave food on my coffee table and neither dog has ever taken it. The OH actually left out stuff like crisp and snacks on that low table, over night too and it was still there in the morning. Oh and both my dogs are taller than the table so it must be hard for them to not take it! lol