Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2007, 06:59 PM

Healing thoughts for me now...

Well folks, I've just spent this glorious Sunday afternoon in A&E!
I started to feel rough suddenly late on last night. Short of breath and wheezy...again!
Rang NHS Direct this morning and all they could offer me locally was an emergency appointment at 6:00 tonight. They also said if I got worse to go immediately to A&E. About 1:30 I got worse so jumped in a cab to the hospital where I was told there would be a 3hour wait. Thankfully I was only in the main waiting room for about 15 minutes before being moved to a cubicle. I've had an ECG, blood tests and a chest x-ray and appear to have my third chest infection since Christmas. It was only a few weeks ago I was on antibiotics for another one. I'm home with an inhaler and 2 lots of antibiotics and a bill for the meds!
To say I'm fed up is an understatement. Didn't get home til 6:30. To be fair, the staff there were brilliant and very thorough and I'm glad I chose to go there instead of the original appointment because our local hospital is not a main one and I would have had to go back for xrays and blood tests instead of getting them all done today.
I'm absolutely knackered now and can't wait for my head to hit my pillow. They've advised I visit my gp tomorrow so will have to wait and see what she says about going to work. They're going to be thrilled with me if I get signed off again.
Moli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2007, 07:02 PM
Sorry to read this, hope you start to feel better soon...As for work, your health comes first.
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2007, 07:03 PM
Sorry to hear this,
Comforting hugs coming your way and big staffie kisses xx
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2007, 07:03 PM
Big hugs. Hope they get it sorted. Have they checked you are on the right antibiotics?
A friend gets a lot of chest infections and they take a sputum sample (loverly!!!) to check he's on the right meds???
Big hugs and hope you feel better soon. x
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2007, 07:09 PM
ah hun, big hugs..... have you been checked out for COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disorder) a colleague of mine had this and had asthma and endless chest infections....

Hope you get better soon...

Alex
xx
skjerstad
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2007, 07:11 PM
Oh Jackie, sorry to hear you have ANOTHER chest infection.
Take care, it's not your fault if you get signed off again.
shiba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2007, 07:14 PM
Sorry to hear you are unwell, hope you have a lovely sleep this evening.
Mummy2Max
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2007, 07:16 PM
Oh hun it never rains but it pours eh? Really hope this one clears up quickly! Look after yourself and just take it easy. Don't do too much, and remember you can't help it if you are poorly! Your work should be understanding, after all it's not your fault!

healing hugs to you ((((( HUGS )))))
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2007, 07:19 PM
Oh dear Jackie, I hope you start to feel better soon, you really have been under the weather lately. I don't suppose worrying about the poor young lad has helped you either.

Lets hope this lot of AB's gets you sorted.

Take care. xxx
Heather and Zak
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2007, 07:20 PM
I too was going to suggest you get checked for COPD and Asthma, as I have both of these. These do start off with repeated chest infections. Its worth finding out so they can get you on the right meds. Hope you feel better soon.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >