Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-08-2013, 05:49 AM
Originally Posted by Eileen Duffy View Post
Just been researching Medicine Lake and came across information about proposals to erect two geothermal power plants there,not sure whether this has been done.A law suit was filed by native tribes as they consider the land to be sacred,their aruguments against also include changes in the atmosphere,effect on animals living there.Very interesting reading,especially the fact that experts confirmed that whatever set up is going on underground is perfect for generating steam.Make you wonder what possible noises and movement animals can detect from that.Can't post a link,but its worth a read.I just typed in;
Geothermal power plant Medicine Lake
That's very interesting. Sound like a possible answer.
MissingBud
Dogsey Junior
Female 

25-08-2013, 09:56 AM
I've never heard about that...
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-08-2013, 10:03 AM
Originally Posted by MissingBud View Post
I've never heard about that...
Have a look online,loads of info on it
Gemini54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-08-2013, 07:02 AM
Hi I have always had an interest, and when I was very badly injured and needed n operation,it was quite weird I was watching myself but if I looked the other way,could see my Auntie Ro just sort of waiting not doing anything,then I felt if I was under water,could hear people and was trying to speak,but at the same time didnt want to leave the warm dark place,and every now and then found myself in really bright lights and just wanted to sink back into the blackness,eventually the lights didnt seem so bright and I could feel someone holding my hand,and was aware of objects,and not the quietness,but the next thing was someone was pushing something into my mouth and didnt want it,again I sank into the darkness,but I remember feeling pulled between te harsh light and the warm darkness,eventually I woke up and found myself in hospital,they had put me to sleep to rest my brain for about 3 weeks,and when things get tough,I remember that soft dark place,and just being.Gemini54
MissingBud
Dogsey Junior
Female 

30-08-2013, 04:00 PM
I don't think it is the power planet you guys. The fruit trees/planets may have worked on the Indian spirits but there is something else here. Today I was brushing Loki, I swear I can make another dog out of him, and I saw something in my dining room. My dining room is open to my living room, where I was, and has no windows. The curtains in my living room were closed, that I know for sure. I saw a shadow of someone or something and it could not have been mine. There were lights on but I was sitting on the floor. Whatever this was it was upright and moved way to fast to be me. Naturally I checked the doors and windows but nobody had been inside because everything was locked. So now I'm just a little bit spooked, as is Loki.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-08-2013, 04:49 PM
Power plant..not power planet.Did you even check it out? Would be investigating every possible cause for all these unexplained incidences if it were me,I would have to know.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

30-08-2013, 04:49 PM
This might sound silly, but do you wear spectacles for near vision. Known in the UK as near-sighted as against far-sighted.

I do - I have mid-distance spectacles for computer use and for food preparation in the kitchen [two identical pairs] with separate half and half bifocals for outdoors.

But - when I am wearing either my mid-distance computer or food prep spectacles I frequently "see" things and movements out of the corner of an eye if I look sideways without moving my head. And that has included "seeing" a figure walk through my front door when there is obviously nobody there - and my dog ignores them/it completely.

My optician says it has something to do with the prescription and the fact that my spectacle frames are very large to try to cut out peripheral vision, but when a shadow or something does appear just out of my peripheral vision is is quite possible that it appears to me to be a figure when it is just a possible shadow or movement of light.
MissingBud
Dogsey Junior
Female 

30-08-2013, 05:04 PM
Nope, only time that I wear any eye wear is when I'm outside and they are a pair of sunglasses. The history of this place is like trying to learn about an uncharted island in the middle of the ocean. Not much is known between when it was built and when the original place burned, it was abandoned at the point. That is where I have been focusing my efforts but nothing to revealing is coming up. I didn't look up the power plant but I asked the locals to see if they knew anything. A handful said they had heard about it but that is it, one did tell me that we are upwind from it anyhow. So I don't know, between stuff moving around in my house to Mr. Shadow guy I'm at a loss. The dog food can, I keep it in a metal garbage bin, magically appeared in my kitchen when I keep it in my laundry room down the hall. I don't think Loki is that strong.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

30-08-2013, 05:32 PM
Things do not move here. They might disappear [anyone remember the large green kitchen knife that vanished and never re-appeared?]

So although some things are not where they should be, and I never ever put anything anywhere but where it should be of I would be in deep doodoos as being a chair-user I need to no only know where everything is but be able to reach it.

Only it happens. OK so the knife probably got wrapped up in vegetable peelings etc, and chucked, although I still cannot believe I could be that stupid, not at my age and not when I had finally found some really good knives, but I cannot think of what else I had done with it.

But things moving of their own volition? Nah. Maybe this little tatty bungalow is not old enough as the original two room were built in 1950 I think, and the shower room, kitchen, and salon were built a few years later. And it was built on totally unoccupied land.

To be honest I do not believe in ghosts or poltergeists or even an after life, so why things move in your home I have no idea.

But there are more things in Heaven and Earth than we will ever know or understand.

[I think part of that is a quote from somewhere but I am too tired too remember it]

Bingo - just remembered! It is from Hamlet

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy."

so maybe my single brain cell is actually working!
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-08-2013, 10:45 PM
Originally Posted by MissingBud View Post
Nope, only time that I wear any eye wear is when I'm outside and they are a pair of sunglasses. The history of this place is like trying to learn about an uncharted island in the middle of the ocean. Not much is known between when it was built and when the original place burned, it was abandoned at the point. That is where I have been focusing my efforts but nothing to revealing is coming up. I didn't look up the power plant but I asked the locals to see if they knew anything. A handful said they had heard about it but that is it, one did tell me that we are upwind from it anyhow. So I don't know, between stuff moving around in my house to Mr. Shadow guy I'm at a loss. The dog food can, I keep it in a metal garbage bin, magically appeared in my kitchen when I keep it in my laundry room down the hall. I don't think Loki is that strong.
Not sure you can be "upwind" of something that is actually underground
Page 6 of 13 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »