Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-05-2013, 07:14 PM
(((Hugs)))......
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2013, 07:54 PM
I'm so sorry Malka. Hang in there... maybe you can crate her right next to you... would that help? Or would she just go berserk etc?
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-05-2013, 08:21 PM
Malka, thinking of you xxxxx
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

09-05-2013, 08:35 PM
Looks like we are going to have to increase her meds, but it will only be Pb. I did not give her extra Pb as I have done in the past after a seizure, but gave her 10mg Valium and then gave her another 10mg as I had to get her to settle.

At the moment she is quiet but as soon as I move she is up and demanding again, typical post-ictal behaviour.

But I must sleep. Somehow she has to let me sleep.

I hate this epilepsy. It is destroying both her and my life.
Jen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2013, 08:35 PM
Oh Malka (((hugs))) to you and Pereg. Scooby has had several fits recently but he's not epileptic and we don't really know what's causing them.

Having shared my life with an epi dog and now with Scoob I know where you are coming from I'm just waiting for Scoob to settling after this evenings one and then I will go to bed.

Hope you get Pereg's seizures under control soon.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

09-05-2013, 08:52 PM
I did not know that Scooby had seizures but it is not uncommon with elderly dogs. Pereg has Idiopathic Epilepsy which is, as you know, different. And will never go away.

She is finally quiet but I am not sure this episode is over, and her seizures are so violent and then the post-ictal hell. But I have to go to bed and get some sleep. I am so exhausted and do not know what I am talking about now.
kimrogers09
Dogsey Junior
Female 

09-05-2013, 08:55 PM
Hello Malka, I do know how you feel as my last little dog had epilepsy and the fits were just so unpleasant to watch, but believe me, you DO what you have to for your little ones when they need you no matter what. My Tasha used to get fits close together and then nothing for ages. Pereg sounds similar in the pattern. Just hang in there for those better times to come around again, they will. You may think you cannot go on with any more of these major seizures now, but if they should occur you will cope. I used to think the same as you, and coped every time when the need arose despite believing beforehand that I couldn't. You just do find the inner strength for them, because who else will? Look after yourself as well. Keeping in good health will help you to cope better. I know nothing of you apart from when you replied to my intro a few days ago. But I can tell from your messages how much you love Pereg and that love will see you through Malka. I wish you both all the very best. X
susannah92
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-05-2013, 09:34 PM
I am so sorry to hear this Malka - I do hope both you and Pereg get some rest tonight and that things are better for you both in the morning. Thinking of you and sending hugs to you both.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-05-2013, 09:40 PM
Night Malka, hope you get a decent nights sleep and the worst is over now for Pereg. Big hugs. xxxxx
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

10-05-2013, 05:02 AM
Well she did not have a seizure in the night which is good, but she is still not OK which is not good, and it was way past midnight before she was settled enough to go to bed, and she wanted to go out a couple of times in the night which meant not much sleep for me.

I will not be able to speak with Dr Ram for another hour yet, and at the moment I am not sure whether she needs an increase in her medication.
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »