Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
abbymum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

07-03-2005, 09:52 PM

Am I over reacting

I worked last night(waitress) had a really horrible table anyway at the end of their meal the man gave me a good tip and told me to put it towards going back where I belong I gave him back his money and told him in the nicest way possible that he was a complete a**hole but my manager thinks I over reacted.
I dont think so as it shouldnt matter where I come from somehow when I said hi Im Mary and Im your waitress for tonight it translated as hi Im a member of the IRA and am complete scum please treat me as such
Rant over
Mary
katyb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-03-2005, 09:56 PM
oh mary that is horrible and racism in any form cannot be tolerated anywhere. just because you were serving him did not give him the right to talk to you like that you were just doing your job. did u actually swear at him? (although i wouldnt blame you if you did!) if you didnt then i dont see how anyone can complain about you. is your boss ok with you? if he is then just try and put it behind you and just feel sorry for that ignorant narrow minded idiot who you had the misfortune of serving and be glad you are not anything like him xxx
Lel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-03-2005, 10:07 PM
He has to take you seriously - make sure he does!!
Annestaff
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

07-03-2005, 10:10 PM
Thats terrible Mary I can understand why your so angry.
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-03-2005, 10:17 PM
It wouldn't of been the money I'd of thrown back at him either

No wonder you're upset It's still racism, now matter how it's dressed up and your employer should be supporting you.
abbymum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

07-03-2005, 10:20 PM
My boss knows that I will always speak my mind he said he is surprised that I didnt smack him one he says I shouldnt lose my temper but if anything comes of this I know he will back me up. I told the bloke if he ever came into my work place and spoke to me like that again that I would happily give him the nose job he needed and that he should take his racists comments and stick them I told him I wasnt IRA but that I came fully equiped with the Irish temper he really didnt know what to say.
katyb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-03-2005, 10:21 PM
well done mary sounds like you did a great job!!!
CBT
Dogsey Senior

07-03-2005, 10:22 PM
horrible man
I used to be a waitress and gave it up cos I got fed up taking dogs abuse, (plus my boss was always trying to grope me and he said I was a lazy bitch - which is true ) Its a sh1t job at times, I admire you for being able to keep your cool, I wasnt very good at that ops:
Moli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-03-2005, 10:27 PM
I would have called him an a...hole too, ignorant pig!!!!
abbymum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

07-03-2005, 10:36 PM
I love my job and most of the time its great you just get the odd idiot who tries to ruin your night.
Thanks
Mary
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »