View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2023, 02:33 PM
It's rained here but it's brightened up again and back to sunshine.
Yep, the water does get hot and they have changed the timetables so he doesn't really get chance to nip to the loo let alone get a cold drink. They are a very strange company to work for, he does a set rota, works the same hours as the other rotas yet his rota don't get a long weekend.....yet all the others do, this is a recent thing so I have said he needs to check it
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2023, 03:41 PM
Good afternoon all

No outing at all today for Ted or us and no garden so far

The phone was going from 4 am today but I ignored it until it came light because otherwise I would have been tempted to drive in the dark. Gary had a fit. He was still at Skegness Urgent Care awaiting an ambulance when I phoned them so I went through. The ambulance was there when I got there, but I drove him through to Boston. He has a cut forehead with a big lump and a very sore knee. He was so bad in A&E that he gave me one almighty push which, had the wall not been there would have had me flat on my backside. Nurses and doctors saw the problem and assigned a nurse to sit with him telling me to go to the cafe to get a drink and take some time out. This is a massive escalation and a chat with the doctor resulted in him telling me not to come with him in future but to let the ambulance bring him in and hospital transport home. He also agreed that it's now time to bring in carers and also to get a mental health assessment (but warned that could take one heck of a long time). Instead of stitches they used steristrips and no bones broken or bleeding on the brain so took him home in silence. It's the first time ever that he's had me in tears in public. I really just have to now admit defeat and let others take over

So home at 2.30 pm in the soaring heat so not safe to take Ted out and the garden was out too. Now we have a thunderstorm. Hopefully things will have calmed down before long and I can finally get him out in the garden
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2023, 04:08 PM
Oh Chris huge hugs.x
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2023, 04:43 PM
Chris, please don't see it as defeat, you are a brilliant mum and you bend over backwards for Gary, I see it more as putting carers in place now so that it's his routine and if a time comes you can't get to him/ manage.... everything is set in place already. I hope you aren't too sore from being pushed and I join Brenda in sending you a hug xx
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-09-2023, 04:46 PM
Hugs Chris. Xxx
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2023, 05:28 PM
Just watched a lovely film called Wonder.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2023, 06:51 PM
Originally Posted by brenda1 View Post
Just watched a lovely film called Wonder.
I have recorded this.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2023, 06:54 PM
Chris hugs to you all my sister at the moment is nursing a black eye, a split lip due to my nephew hitting her he also hits himself very rough at the moment. We are also undergoing assesments but difficult when the person cannot talk. Mental health unit appointments are like golddust. So hugs and hugs to you.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2023, 09:52 PM
Many moons ago, a psychologist went to his flat to assess him. He conceded defeat as he couldn't understand Gary and wouldn't bring an interpreter so relied on me. It was a shambles and I told the neurologist so as he referred him. The neurologist shrugged it off and said there wasn't any that understood sign language.

A few minor bruises here too but nothing too drastic thank goodness
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2