Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Julz11
Dogsey Junior
Female 

09-03-2012, 02:30 PM
Originally Posted by 3dognight View Post
fasting,will take the,fussy out of the dog
I'm sorry but really shocked to hear you will do this to a puppy.

You should never fast a puppy unless specific instructions have been supplied by a vet for illness, not because the dog won't eat.
3dognight
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

09-03-2012, 02:48 PM
please read my post agian , i did check with a vet.we,me and the vet,tried this to see if there was any trouble, it worked..as far as the fussy.my guys eat alot of bones and raw hides...fasting cleans them out,in my case.only stong and healthy dog would get this pracits form me....i would never put a dog in jeperty, i drive my vet nuts with phone calls..its free..respectfully
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2012, 03:54 PM
If she starts to refuse the dry kinnle with wet added, try soaking the kibble until soft, mash it up and add wet food to it, mixing well. its rare unless they are not well that they would refuse this mix.

We always soak kibble, pups or adults, soaking makes it easier to digest and will bring out the aroma better for the dog.
3dognight
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

09-03-2012, 04:02 PM
mine will eat better and ,more ,if its warmed up a tad..place the bowl in the middle of the floor as apossed to ,agianst the wall,a quiet place,outside,stuff like that..bacon grease,just a tad for smell.
Julz11
Dogsey Junior
Female 

11-03-2012, 12:59 PM
Originally Posted by 3dognight View Post
please read my post agian , i did check with a vet.we,me and the vet,tried this to see if there was any trouble, it worked..as far as the fussy.my guys eat alot of bones and raw hides...fasting cleans them out,in my case.only stong and healthy dog would get this pracits form me....i would never put a dog in jeperty, i drive my vet nuts with phone calls..its free..respectfully

OK, didnt realise, apologies
jade the sbt
Dogsey Junior
Male 

11-03-2012, 01:05 PM
try adding a bit of gravy, worked a treat for me when changing to a dry food..
ANI
New Member!
Female 

23-09-2015, 04:31 AM
No animal or being can survive on processed food every day, for the rest of it's life. Commercial pet food, if you do some research was designed in the depression. Today, it has got way out of hand and there are manufacturers out there who love your money! They do not care about the welling of our pets.

I know I wouldn't like to eat processed food every day for the rest of my life... Wouldn't last long.
Dogs stomachs are designed for raw meat, organs, some vegetables and bones. They thrive on this stuff.
Please get some help from a trusted source. There are holistic vets out there to help. I wish I could help more but I'm not allowed to share my group.
I hope you find help for your best friend because they earn it
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2