View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
dizzi
Almost a Veteran
Female 

25-06-2011, 02:43 PM

As a follow up to the dog-tags thread...

Just seen the local dog wardens pull someone over in the park for walking their dog with no collar on whatsoever. So yep, looks like they're at least some checking up on things around here.
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2011, 04:54 PM
Excellent. Which park was that?
dizzi
Almost a Veteran
Female 

25-06-2011, 05:16 PM
Bramcote - cos the woman in question was walking back to the car with a face like a slapped backside after being told off for having a naked labrador and doing the whole "pile the dog out of the back of the car into the carpark completely offlead" thing that drives me flipping nuts!
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2011, 05:33 PM
Oooh, was only up Bramcote Park last night, it's about the only public park I go on.

Good on the dog warden for making an issue out of it I say, I can never understand why people do (or dont do) certain things when there can be no real reason behind it - like walking dogs off lead on the pavement or not putting a collar on them when they go out.

Just as a sideline on that subject, I has Jed out on our open grassed part of the garden and he was on a lead because he cannot be trusted not to chase cats etc. From round the corner appeared a westie and it immediately ran over and started barking etc. It was a good few seconds before the owner appeared and he then struggled to get his dog off my garden and back on a lead. Why on Earth would this man think it a good idea to walk this dog offlead next to the road? This never ceases to amaze me. My own dog was on a lead on my own garden because he cant be trusted, that I find ironic!

It's times like those I wish the dog warden would appear and slap a fine on these people or at least give them an earbashing.
LittleMonkies
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-06-2011, 10:24 AM
It's good to hear that something's being done. I've lost count of how many people I have seen walking their dogs with no collars on, and even worse round here is people walking their dogs with no leads along the main roads. It terrifies me to drive past them even though they obviously trust their dogs/have them very well trained, but what if it saw something on the other side of the road and ran out in fron of the cars? Makes me feel sick just thinking about it.