Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
dogneedhelp
New Member!
Male 

28-12-2008, 04:34 PM

Husky needs help

Ok' truth is i dont have a dog i used too but it dyed along time ago i made this account to share with you about a dog that lives near me and im not sure what to do.

the dog is a husky but its hardly got any fur and its skinny and not strong at all and its only 1 years old

the family never take it for a walk and they feed it dry food all the time also it lives outside in a small area (not grass) all it has too do all day is walk around it circles and i feel really sorry for it, i would report this to the RSPCA but i dont want them to know i reported them because we are sort of friends with there family and my mum has tryed to tell them but they just said it doesnt like meat or coming indoors and that it hates being walked so they just leave it.

im not too sure but my mom said that when the dog is inside its kept in a cage under the stairs.

please i need help i dont want to wake up every morning and hear the dog cry and bark in lonleyness if anyone would report the dog to the rspca i will give you the adress and things for were the dog lives.

thank you for reading this long topic
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-12-2008, 04:39 PM
You can report it anon. The dry food shouldn't be a problem, so long as it's a complete food ( not mixer) and the dog has water available. Huskies are often very lean, especially young ones, but I would be concerned with the hair loss. He needs vet attention. Not sure if the RSPCA can do anything about the dog not going out though, they only cover the basic basics like food, water and shelter. If you feel it needs reporting, do so and no one need know it was you who did it. Good luck!
honeysmummy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-12-2008, 04:46 PM
I would report it if you are at all worried.
The RSPCA will visit and will give advice if they think dog is OK but could be better.
You dont have to give your name. Or is there anyone who can do it for you?
Skooshbag
Dogsey Junior
Male 

28-12-2008, 04:49 PM
if you PM me the address and stuff I'll phone them, I don't know them so I got no conscience about it
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-12-2008, 04:50 PM
Sorry I'd report it.

Did so with a lady very close by....gave my name too, and had her at my door.

But the dog now had a good home with someone down the road, it's previous owner has moved, and the ''Old Boy'' is doing great.
dogneedhelp
New Member!
Male 

28-12-2008, 04:53 PM
Originally Posted by Skooshbag View Post
if you PM me the address and stuff I'll phone them, I don't know them so I got no conscience about it

[personal details removed] and i dont know the dogs name
thank you
Skooshbag
Dogsey Junior
Male 

28-12-2008, 05:01 PM
is there any shelter for it outside?
how often do they tke it indoors?
is it left outside overnight?
do they clean up it's area?
is it free to roam it's area, or is it restricted (chained up)

just noticed, your location says Scotland, but this dog is in York and you say you wake every morning to it barking etc.
dogneedhelp
New Member!
Male 

28-12-2008, 05:03 PM
it does have shelter yes
i have never seen it any were but outside but my mom said its kept in a cage when its indoors
also its left there other night and its barks alot at night
they dont clean its mess up and its not in chains or anything

oh yes my mom said it is restricted and i said i live in scotland because i didnt really want them to track me
MickB
Dogsey Senior
Male 

28-12-2008, 05:24 PM
To be honest, for me, the most important problem is that the dog is being left without human or canine company for long periods of time. As long as it is getting a reasonable quality complete dry food, that shouldn't be a problem. Huskies always look thin when they have moulted. Our "Ute" who looks like a really chunky show-type husky when he is in full coat, currently looks like a greyhound as he has completely lost his coat.
Huskies thrive on companionship - human and canine - and to deprive them of this is, in my mind, cruelty.
Unfortunately, the RSPCA doesn't see things this way, and as long as the dog has food, water and shelter and isn't ill-treated, they usually refuse to take any action.
If it is making a lot of noise, you could try mentioning it to your local dog warden, who will visit and assess the dog's situation.
As you know the family, it might be useful to talk to them about the dog. If they are having problems with it, they might consider giving it up to a rescue organisation like SHWA(UK) or at least talking to us about the problems as we might be able to help. Contact details at www.huskywelfare.org.uk

Mick
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-12-2008, 05:26 PM
Poor dog.......

Report it - don't hesitate
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >