View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Razcox
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-08-2008, 10:33 AM
I have to stick to one flavour or have to deal with the (very messy smelly) results! Cassie has a very dodgy tummy . .

When we got her from the dogs trust she was on AG lamb and rice and thats what she has in Hills as well. Ela seems to like the smell and is always trying to steal it! (she is on the large breed puppy).
dogmarley
Dogsey Junior
Male 

19-08-2008, 10:35 AM
So you're saying that the turkey and rice smell less both before and after its been eaten?
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-08-2008, 10:43 AM
actually... er... yes...
Not that I want to go into too much detail, but I have found them to be more windy on the fish or duck. Also as we all know and I have to agree with Razcox on this, sticking to one type of food makes for firmer er 'doo doos' and firmer 'doo doos' are easier to clear up and less smelly

It will still take a while for your doggies tummy to settle down when you make the change over though, no matter what food you choose, so don't plan any long stays over at the in laws during that time
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-08-2008, 10:46 AM
Originally Posted by Razcox View Post
Sorry but i would never feed my dog iams (put then i don't buy any proctor and gamble products either) after what they did! The whole company is evil IMO.
See what I mean, Oh don't go there again, I have been through all this, It was only an opinon and I have stated my reasons why on other threads... I'm sure if you looked hard enough you would find a proctor and Gamble product. . .there not just the obvious ones.
Razcox
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-08-2008, 10:47 AM
Originally Posted by magpye View Post
actually... er... yes...
Not that I want to go into too much detail, but I have found them to be more windy on the fish or duck. Also as we all know and I have to agree with Razcox on this, sticking to one type of food makes for firmer er 'doo doos' and firmer 'doo doos' are easier to clear up and less smelly

It will still take a while for your doggies tummy to settle down when you make the change over though, no matter what food you choose, so don't plan any long stays over at the in laws during that time
Would depend on how you feel about your inlaws on that one!
dogmarley
Dogsey Junior
Male 

19-08-2008, 11:00 AM
Ok so turkey and rice JWB or ROYAL CANIN it is!

Or could it be Hills!!?
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-08-2008, 11:04 AM
Ah well, your making a rod for your own back now...

Head out to your local PAH and buy the one on special offer!... You know the three you want. Get the one that is there and on the best offert... Buy a small sack to begin with and try it for a bit...
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-08-2008, 11:06 AM
Mine are all on Arden Grange -it`s the only one they`ll eat that is also additive-free and made of good stuff! Having had dogs with allergies, I stick to AG or Burns. They have a good range as well.
I would just like to add that to keep your dogs` teeth clean they will need stuff to chomp on as well - mine get chicken wings (raw) every day - not at the same meal as dried though.
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-08-2008, 11:06 AM
Hi there.

If you aim for any of the foods that have no artificial colours/preservatives, you should be fine. As others have said, some suite some dogs better than others.

Many people think you should stick to one food, but I prefer to give them a change (but I am talking adult dogs rather than pups), though I do instigate the change gradually each time.

If you are nearly out of your pups existing, you might be worth buying a small bag of the same as it is usually best to change over gradually (ie. mixing a small amount of the new stuff in, then a bit more, over the course of a week or so).
Razcox
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-08-2008, 11:08 AM
A good site to try is this:

http://www.zooplus.co.uk/

They have all the good dry foods you 10% off the first order, free delivery (often the next day), free gifts the prices are good and you earn zoo points which can be used for money off stuff.
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »