Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

25-10-2007, 01:25 PM
Originally Posted by Louise13 View Post
Which is why you are defending him...

You don't feed raw so you don't feel like your choice is being disrespected and lied about on tv.. you don't feed raw so you don't feel you have to defend your soft as putty dogs..

Does that also mean that as a meat eater myself I am bloodthirsty? Beware I may attack at any time!!
No but Star is on a high protein diet and I was not bothered about when that was mentioned?

I am defending him(the way i would defend anyone whos words were being misconstrued) because he did not say there are bloodthirsty, he said maybe.

If i did feed raw this would still be my opinion and I would write him an email explaining why it is safe. I would not go off ranting and demanding he apoligize.
thandi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-10-2007, 01:57 PM
actually I have fed a raw meat and bones diet for a number of years, and other than thinking it was a ridiculous comment to make, I certainly wont get bent out of shape about it.... like it or not, the world is brimming over with ignorance - you cant educate pork.
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-10-2007, 03:55 PM
Just for the record.. I agree with you Thandi.. I haven't emailed them or him or anyone..I haven't ranted at anyone either!

I feed raw and will continue to..and the words of some idiot who probably doesn't even own a dog won't make me lose sleep
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

25-10-2007, 04:41 PM
I have two dogs. When I took them on, I took on the responsibility of looking after them (including feeding them). In order to do that, I have to give them something they will eat. EXPERIENCE OF THESE DOGS tells me that they will not eat processed food, so they get minced beef (Supermarket-own) and kibble, because they eat it. I am not going to change that because of anything that has appeared in "The Sun" (which, despite appearances, is not a newspaper, but a comic - and not a good one).

The trouble with a lot of broadcasters is that they have, in TV, the world's greatest education tool, but no idea of how to use it.

Snorri
fluffybunnyfeet
Dogsey Senior
Male 

26-10-2007, 12:26 AM
A daft statement, but old Eamon has never been top of the heap in brains when sweeping statements are made.

You could just as easily make the statement that a dog fed on kibble and tinned dog food is bloodthirsty as it needs its 'blood' in its diet as its a meat eating animal and would eat raw in the wild.
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2007, 12:28 AM
LOL Very true I just think Mr Holmes was last in the queue when the brains were being handed out !!
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

26-10-2007, 08:33 AM
Originally Posted by Malady View Post
LOL Very true I just think Mr Holmes was last in the queue when the brains were being handed out !!
That we can agree on
tinkladyv
Almost a Veteran
Female 

31-10-2007, 03:16 PM
Originally Posted by Snorri the Priest View Post
I have two dogs. When I took them on, I took on the responsibility of looking after them (including feeding them). In order to do that, I have to give them something they will eat. EXPERIENCE OF THESE DOGS tells me that they will not eat processed food, so they get minced beef (Supermarket-own) and kibble, because they eat it. I am not going to change that because of anything that has appeared in "The Sun" (which, despite appearances, is not a newspaper, but a comic - and not a good one).

The trouble with a lot of broadcasters is that they have, in TV, the world's greatest education tool, but no idea of how to use it.

Snorri
totally agree about the sun well said.
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2007, 11:13 PM
Originally Posted by Malady View Post
Originally Posted by Stormey View Post
That we can agree on
He's got worse over the years. I remember when he started on Ulster tv. He wasn't the brightest bulb in the box then

I certainly won't be stopping feeding my dogs raw.
Page 6 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6