View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

25-10-2007, 09:48 AM
sky news 7.40 this morning,the girl who reads alongside eamon read out an article from todays sun newspaper that inferred that the dog was fed raw meat,eamon then commented that maybe feeding dog. a raw diet makes them bloodthirsty.
Then in my opinion, there is not really a problem, owners who feed their dog raw will be upset but have a chance to voice their opinions as Skys three flagship programs have alot of veiwer feedback via text/email/webcam so they are able to write and say why this isnt true.

He has not said it makes them bloodthristy and said maybe, thus in my opinion starting text/email/webcam messages in. Complaining and kicking off demanding they apploigise is not the way.
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-10-2007, 11:04 AM
In your opinion !
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-10-2007, 11:11 AM
Stormey do you feed raw???
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

25-10-2007, 11:25 AM
Originally Posted by Louise13 View Post
Stormey do you feed raw???
No, but can I ask what that has to do with anything?
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
Female 

25-10-2007, 11:43 AM
What he said is "old wives tales"! Or, he is living in the past - or, whoever said it, is living in the dark days when everyone was told never to feed animals raw meat! That is what was the case when I was a wee girl - never feed animals raw meat and one of the reasons was exactly that - raw meat can made dogs aggressive! I thought that people "in the know", like AH and his producers etc, would be more knowledgeable and moved forward from "those" days!

It is up to the owner to feed their dogs on whatever they think is good for their pets. I feed Loki on kibble, chicken (cooked though) and Tuna in sunflower oil and it does her no harm to feed on the kibble, in fact, she now likes it!!

For anyone, of intelligence, to say that needs their bumps felt!

Hope apologies are made!
tinkladyv
Almost a Veteran
Female 

25-10-2007, 11:49 AM
Originally Posted by Stormey View Post
I wouldnt nessercerily blame eamonn holmes as all news readers go to a script.
I would, the mans an arrogant idiot...sorry but really dont like him or his views on most things.
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

25-10-2007, 11:57 AM
Originally Posted by tinkladyv View Post
I would, the mans an arrogant idiot...sorry but really dont like him or his views on most things.
This is the point I am making, he will be told by the bosses at sky what to say to start a debate, as all sky flagship shows have, after all if he had not said that they would not have had people veiws regarding raw being safe and the people who were of the opinion that it does make dogs bloodthirsty would have heard opinions to the contery. He did not say these were his opinions did he so really should not have to apoligize.
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-10-2007, 12:49 PM
No, but can I ask what that has to do with anything?
Well I should think thats obvious..

IF he said

sky news 7.40 this morning,the girl who reads alongside eamon read out an article from todays sun newspaper that inferred that the dog was fed raw meat,eamon then commented that maybe feeding dog. a raw diet makes them bloodthirsty.
"maybe feeding dogs a raw diet makes them bloodthirsty"

Then why would we raw feeders NOT be annoyed at that!!! I should hope they do get a huge amount of people complaining and kicking off demanding an apology...

Was the dog that attacked Ellie Lawrenson raw fed, or was it because the grandmother was a drug taking, alcoholic A**hole who shouldn't be left in charge of a goldfish let alone a dog with a history and a defenceless little girl..

What about the Rottie guard dogs that attacked the baby in the pub.. were they raw fed.. or just left to get on with things with no supervision..

Do we blame the diet for them too?? or was their feeding not brought into question?? If they weren't fed raw then why did they have a blood thirst??

Same goes for the latest.. its the owners and the handlers (and sometimes the victim depending on it they were tormenting etc) to blame.. not what they are fed on!!!
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

25-10-2007, 12:59 PM
Originally Posted by Louise13 View Post
Well I should think thats obvious..

IF he said

"maybe feeding dogs a raw diet makes them bloodthirsty"

Then why would we raw feeders NOT be annoyed at that!!! I should hope they do get a huge amount of people complaining and kicking off demanding an apology...

Was the dog that attacked Ellie Lawrenson raw fed, or was it because the grandmother was a drug taking, alcoholic A**hole who shouldn't be left in charge of a goldfish let alone a dog with a history and a defenceless little girl..

What about the Rottie guard dogs that attacked the baby in the pub.. were they raw fed.. or just left to get on with things with no supervision..

Do we blame the diet for them too?? or was their feeding not brought into question?? If they weren't fed raw then why did they have a blood thirst??

Same goes for the latest.. its the owners and the handlers (and sometimes the victim depending on it they were tormenting etc) to blame.. not what they are fed on!!!

The word maybe is the key one, he did not say "feeding raw makes dogs bloodthristy" he said maybe and if he does not have expeirience in it he may think that. Why not write to sky or him and explain that it does not make them bloodthirsty, instead of blowing up demanding apologys, after all if you can make him realise that it is safe he may use is infulence in the media to make more realise, after all I bet he is not the only one who thinks this and after all the word banded about alot around here is "educating" or "education" or does that not matter in this case?

The cases you mention, these dogs were not fed raw but in the Ellie Lawrenson case they did make a point of saying this dog was fed a high protien diet.

Once again why does it matter if I feed raw?
I dont feed raw so cant have a say?
I dont feed raw so I dont know the ins and outs about doing so?
I dont feed raw so I wouldnt know why you are upset?

Come on help me out here because as I see it, it has absolutly nothing to do with my opinions whatsoever.
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-10-2007, 01:18 PM
Once again why does it matter if I feed raw?
I dont feed raw so cant have a say?
I dont feed raw so I dont know the ins and outs about doing so?
I dont feed raw so I wouldnt know why you are upset?

Come on help me out here because as I see it, it has absolutly nothing to do with my opinions whatsoever.

Which is why you are defending him...

You don't feed raw so you don't feel like your choice is being disrespected and lied about on tv.. you don't feed raw so you don't feel you have to defend your soft as putty dogs..

Does that also mean that as a meat eater myself I am bloodthirsty? Beware I may attack at any time!!
Page 5 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >