Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Asti
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-08-2007, 08:07 AM

George Galloway wants ALL dogs muzzled in public places

I don't know if any of you listened to The James Whale Show on Talksport last night, but George Galloway came on quickly to say that he wants to bring a Law in to have ALL dogs (and I do mean ALL dogs) muzzled in public places and he is going to start the ball rolling on this ASAP. James Whale was furious with him as James is an animal lover and has 3 dogs of his own whereas George isnt a doggy person at all.

As you know George Galloway is an MP and is also a presenter on Talksport. Apparently yesterday morning on his morning show he was discussing this subject and the woman from The Kennel Club came on talking to him but George turned around what she said to his way of thinking! I didn't listen to this show unfortunately.

I just wondered what people's views were on muzzling all dogs in a public place and to let people know what George Galloway is trying to do.

I personally wouldn't want to muzzle my little dog, she's not aggressive at all and is not a problem to people when out and I keep her on a lead in public places where there are lots of people, but that's just my opinion.
Luz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-08-2007, 08:10 AM
Maybe we should just muzzle George Galloway! Silly man.
If there was such a thing as civil rights for dogs then this would be it.
I dont think i've ever seen a muzzle that would fit a chihuahua?
You cant punish all dogs for just the few that have bitten whilst out walking in public.
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-08-2007, 08:12 AM
Maybe we should start a campaign to castrate all men because a tiny minority of them are rapists?
Becky
Deb13
Dogsey Junior
Female 

07-08-2007, 08:12 AM
That man is a complete prat. Get real GG.
Hoggett
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

07-08-2007, 08:14 AM
Stupid man, We'll all have to have a plackard saying "Keep off my dog, he might catch something off you!"

Ian
Asti
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-08-2007, 08:18 AM
Originally Posted by Luz View Post
Maybe we should just muzzle George Galloway! Silly man.
You cant punish all dogs for just the few that have bitten whilst out walking in public.
Thats what James Whale said.

James said it should be the irresponsible owners that should be punished not the dogs.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-08-2007, 09:24 AM
Originally Posted by Asti View Post
Thats what James Whale said.

James said it should be the irresponsible owners that should be punished not the dogs.
George Galloway is a complete prat and I hope there are very few people in this country that take him seriously.

Muzzling of all dogs in public places is an abhorrent idea in my view, and I certainly won't be doing it!
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

07-08-2007, 09:35 AM
The bloke is an idiot, I dont take any notice of him and the people who do are likely to be already part of the anti-dog brigade.
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-08-2007, 10:04 AM
He is very unlikely to be successful as there are of course some breeds that cannot be muzzled, because the breed doesn't have long enough muzzles to wear one.

He would have to win a place on the private members bills list & the chances of such a bill being successful is minimal
Asti
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-08-2007, 10:18 AM
George galloway has changed it now to dogs over a certain size, not small dogs.

He is on Talksport at the moment and will be discussing this again a little later on this morning (probably about 11.30am or just after the news at 12.00 pm, his show finishes at 1.00pm.) He's also doing a poll on it by text.
Text 81089 and put Poll then Galloway or Whale, whichever you agree with

Update - This text vote has now finished.
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 > Last »