Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-12-2004, 04:11 PM

A lovely autumn walk

Well have been a lovely autumn day walk with the girls, and have a had a gorgeous walk - no camera though soz Azz - my re-found (from the loft while getting Xmas decs down) boots are so comfortable and keep my feet dry , can't recall why I put them in the loft unless it was in the summer the girls were brillant and Tess (who was off lead too ) is fascinated with the Xmas tree with lights put up in the park she keeps looking at it as if to say "Awwww that's new"
Where as Sal was totally the grown up almost as if she was saying to Tess "Oh come, it' a TREE"

So a gorgeous crisp day here in West Mids. Hope you all have had such a good one.

Karen
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-12-2004, 04:16 PM
Oh that sounds nice Karen

I went for dogtraining, and then we went with my mum to a wood near the place I grew up.

It was so strange walking there again The last time I walked there, was with our black lab Bonnie
gordon lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-12-2004, 04:18 PM
Awwwwwwwww Jeanette

Thats nice Kazz. I was out for a walk with mine We had a nice looooooooong walk
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-12-2004, 04:24 PM
That sounds nice bellaluna and GL this was a nice long walk which ended with Tess going back to the car and falling asleep for 15 minutes while I played ball down the hill with Sal then a quick stroll with them both hence the Xmas tree. Tess loves the walks with Sal but just can't keep up - YET
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-12-2004, 04:25 PM
Awww ickle Tess

Gawd I want a puppy.....
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-12-2004, 04:30 PM
You are welcome to mine I will send her over
Dinahsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-12-2004, 06:05 PM
Tess off lead Well done!

Have just got a flexi-lead for the time being, until we've trained a recall. Had a grand time at the beach today. She went miles on the flexi and is totally k*******d now. We saw loads of dogs, including what looked like a class - full of BCs and GSDs, carrying their balls on a lead etc, and a dozen or so horses galloping in the water.

Met a 15 week golden retriever too - she was agood girl but she was with her older 'sister' (poodle). It is so much easier when they have a doggie mentor.

It was a lovely day And I've even made time for a half hour on DW.

Perfick!!!
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-12-2004, 06:22 PM
Hi DM
Oddly I rarely walk Sal and Tess together as Sal can go for miles/days and Tess is still a baby. Well Tess hada 30ft long line (better than a flexi I myself think) and I just let it go trail behind her in the park when its really busy as she is overfriendly as most pups are. And I just call her back occasionaly by crouching down on the grass/mud and opening my arms and she flies back, I occasionaly have treats with me as she is not (as Sal is) a toy dog but Tess loves food.

But when I walk the two together Tess comes back because Sal does so it does seem easier. But I need eyes in the back of my eyes to watch them.

Today Tess went back to the car for a little while to have a nap as she was getting exhausted while Sal had 20 minutes chasing the ball up and down the hills. Then Tess was ready to go again, thats when we saw the Xmas tree.

Glad you had a nice day too.

Karen
Dinahsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-12-2004, 06:27 PM
Hi Kazz
Yes, my sister, who knows lots more than me, said to get a long line, so I will.
I don't think Miss Wussy would go off deliberatly, but she might get lost, so I'd need to know I've got a way to hang on to her!
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-12-2004, 06:37 PM
Well now is the age to try it because when she becomes "teenager" she will feel her feet and out will come the long line again. Because all of a sudden "they know more than you do" It's the best £3.00 I ever spent.
The line gives you the confidence to know you can put your foot on it and catch her if you need to.

Karen
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >