View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2013, 07:59 AM
Glad to hear Tai had improved when you got home last night Nikki, and I hope by this morning something might have come out the other end by now??

What about bread? I've heard via Google that with swallowed substances like this, bread is good because it wraps itself around sharp bits, and sometimes they use cotton wool I think? Maybe do a search and see what you think about that idea or ask the vet maybe? It's those sharp edges that's such a worry, and having checked my own suet box in the feeder, it's quite a strange, hard, crispy type plastic isn't it, not very forgiving or pliable.

Still got everything on constant for your lovely boy and more ((((((hugs))))) for you, and I do hope you've woken up to some good news for us.
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2013, 09:11 AM
How is Tai this morning Nikki, a little better I hope?
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2013, 01:21 PM
Good afternoon my friends ... MUCH better news to report on Tai Tiddley Tai Tai ...

When I woke up this morning, and went downstairs to make the tea, I looked over the stair gate into his boudoir, and there was the old git lying there on his pile of quilts and pillows grinning like the Cheshire Cat and wagging his tail!! Ooo thought I, that's a lot better! I didn't disturb him, but when OH went down to fetch the coffee, he came to the gate to say hello!! No sick, I searched the room, could see nothing, not even a patch left from where he had eaten it, so I went off to work feeling a lot better.

OH has reported that he bounded down the stairs when he was let out of the bedroom, and knocked poor Ben over in the process!! Much much better.

So that's the first hurdle over. Now we have got to just wait whilst this horrible plastic works its way slowly through 30 odd feet of small and large intestine without perforating anything - the odds are 50:50. I am a gambling girl, I'll run with those odds and give it the best shot we can, but if he starts to suffer in any way, we will have to think again.

But for now, so far so good, fingers crossed, touch wood, legs crossed, everything crossed!!
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2013, 01:24 PM
How lovely to hear today's news about Tai. Thanks for updating us and give him a gentle hug.
xxx
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

30-01-2013, 01:26 PM
Come on Tai - you can do it - close your eyes and think of - I dunno - but think of just going pffffffuuuuuuttttt and getting rid of that nasty plastic - and get better.

Lots of {{{vibes}}} for you and ((hugs))) for your Mom, and kisses from Pereg and love and prayers from me.

xxx
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2013, 01:27 PM
Great news, and I hope and pray that it'll stay this way Nikki.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2013, 01:28 PM
Thanx!!

Helena : thanx for the suggestions about the bread and the cotton wool - I'll pass on the bread, because this would upset his tummy and we won't know where we are, but I will bear in mind the cotton wool. We had a cat once who swallowed the trussing needle that Mummy had sewn up the turkey with, and we had to feed the stupid animal with kit e kat mixed with shredded balls of cotton wool to help pass it through. Can you imagine crapping out a huge trussing needle - that poor pussy!! He did survive though, and lived to some huge age.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

30-01-2013, 01:50 PM
After the cat and the trussing needle, Tai passing some shredded plastic is a doddle
thank goodness he is through another day. Big hugs
xxxxx
jeagibear
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

30-01-2013, 02:12 PM
Way to go Big fella. Well done to you all.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2013, 02:21 PM
I'm sure we will all be tuning into poo watch regularly waiting for the good news that the horrible stuff has passed.

Good luck Tai - keep up the good work big fella x
Page 10 of 27 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 20 > Last »