View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-11-2011, 05:33 PM
A will can be contested and I would seriously hope that any relatives, next of kin and the dogs vet would not be so willing to kill a healthy animal just because the owner has died.

I can, in a way, see how she could view her dobe as "dying of a broken heart" They really really do bond so closely with their owners BUT there are dobes in rescue and funnily enough, success stories too.
coventrycatfish
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-11-2011, 05:33 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
The living hell comment was 1) directed to my current dog, she hates being in kennels, 2) she is not a dog that would be easily rehomed, and as such would suffer a life of "living hell" confined to living in rescue.

I am not against or have any issues with rescue, there are many good ones and many dogs find loving forever homes from them.

But I don't consider a life in rescue kennels to be a good life for any dog.

BUT...... the circumstances for my decision for my present dog is based on knowing her, and her quirks.. and for her a life in kennels would be just that a "living hell".

Fair enough Jackbox (and others who have stated similair things). I was just concerned with the way it was worded and misunderstood your meaning. I apologise.
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-11-2011, 05:35 PM
I find it interesting that the lady is happy to rehome the westie and not the dobe, I wonder if there is some other issue that she is concerned about that she has not mentioned.
Does make you wonder if he has a very extreme case of SA or something?
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

04-11-2011, 05:39 PM
Originally Posted by majuka View Post
I could always send Max to you though if Dave and I were to both go at once
Baruska says 'Yes please' she wants a 'husband' who knows how to stand up for himself, she's fed up having to be responsible for this pack all on her own
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-11-2011, 05:39 PM
Originally Posted by Dobermann View Post
Does make you wonder if he has a very extreme case of SA or something?
Exactly my thoughts It was the comment that he had only ever known her that made me wonder if SA was the reason she would not want him rehomed if he struggles to cope without her for even short periods of time.
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-11-2011, 05:44 PM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
Baruska says 'Yes please' she wants a 'husband' who knows how to stand up for himself, she's fed up having to be responsible for this pack all on her own
Both your girls are so beautiful, Max would be a lucky boy indeed
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-11-2011, 05:58 PM
Originally Posted by majuka View Post
Exactly my thoughts It was the comment that he had only ever known her that made me wonder if SA was the reason she would not want him rehomed if he struggles to cope without her for even short periods of time.
to be fair and honest, my boy does not have seperation anxiety and can be left all day if needed and is happy snoozing at home, however he is typical of dobes in the sense that they do bond so closely with their owners and are very loyal. He loves my Mum but when left there overnight, waits looking out the window all night!

So if you were to add that to severe SA...I can see how she might feel the way she does about things...

I'm not saying that this is the way I would go about things or the decision I would take, just that I can perhaps understand it.

I'd rather work on him getting to know others more and getting used to less time....

However we simply just dont know on here, all the facts.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

04-11-2011, 07:19 PM
Surely the belief that no vet would put a healthy dog to sleep is flawed, as they already euthanize thousands each year from rescues , all healthy but their time has run out at .
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-11-2011, 07:43 PM
No it is not flawed as vets will and do refuse to euthanise dogs for no good reason.
Page 6 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6