Dogsey Veteran
Male 

26-10-2011, 08:33 PM
Indian tribes
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2011, 08:38 PM
But how many inidian tribes would have a dog thats crossed with the breeds that it has in it , Insomia said before the the name Ute comes from spirit of the wolf, but are these dogs actually meant to have the 'spirit' or temperment of a wolf? And where did the name for even the Alaskan Klee Klee come from? Are they actually anything to do with the breeds in the dog, or is it all to do with nots meant to be in, and what to some people their meant to look like?
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

26-10-2011, 08:43 PM
The term "Klee Kai" was derived from Alaskan Athabaskan words meaning "small dog"

From wiki
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2011, 09:16 PM
Well that one makes sense kinda lol, depends what country it was bred in, coz I woulda thought that if your breeding a dog you would name it after idk, somewhere to do with where and why they were bred, coz if your proud of something then where and when it was bred seems important, I suppose the wolf thing is why they were bred, but a lot of these dogs were bred in the uk, but I've only heard of the British Inuit, the rest seem to be bred here, but the breeders seem to want people to think their origins lay in the northern areas, or to at least associate their dogs with the snowy regions, which fair enough a lot of their make up was bred there, but would many people who live and works in Alaska or somewhere, and uses dogs breed there know what a NI is, they may be good at harness work, and they may have northern breeds in them, but they were bred in a different country, with a different langauge all together, but then would originating their make the dogs better or worse if they were still breed the same way, I'm just rambling I know but to me it seems that their trying to make a more romantic name, no offence though owners of these types and I do think that people who love these dogs for what they are would love them if they had any name, or were called cross breeds, mind you I suppose the Great Dane isn't exactly named from where they come from are they, rambling over, coz I know I lost my point in there somewhere , its just one of them nights.
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

26-10-2011, 09:18 PM
I bet you dream catchers stalls are big at wolf type dogs shows..lol
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2011, 09:25 PM
twilightwolf
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-10-2011, 05:23 PM
cant vets now dna test and see how much wolf blood is in the breed? bare in mind though that any dog even little iddy biddy yorkies have some wolf in them... But would be interesting. I doubt its much, but would like to know.
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2011, 05:32 PM
Originally Posted by twilightwolf View Post
cant vets now dna test and see how much wolf blood is in the breed? bare in mind though that any dog even little iddy biddy yorkies have some wolf in them... But would be interesting. I doubt its much, but would like to know.
no.... even the tests for trying to work out breeds are a bit whacko!
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2011, 05:39 PM
Originally Posted by twilightwolf View Post
Absolutely not, because dogs and wolves are the same species - the "blood", for want of a better word, is the same.
Page 6 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6