Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
dog_geek
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-09-2011, 05:52 PM

What Dosage?

I am looking at getting Mac some Glucosamine & Chondroitin tablets from healthspan. The ingredients are as follows:

Typical values per tablet:
Optiflex Glucosamine HCl 500mg
Marine Chondroitin Sulphate 100mg

Optiflex Glucosamine HCl - of vegetable origin, Maltodextrin, Chondroitin Sulphate (90%) – of marine origin (from fish), Cellulose, Silica, Stearic Acid – of vegetable origin, Hypromellose, Magnesium Stearate – of vegetable origin, Glycerin – of vegetable origin.

The dosage for humans is 3 a day so does anyone know how many a 25kg collie would need please?
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-09-2011, 07:48 PM
I give my dogs Chondromax, 1 tablet daily, they are 27kg and 39 kgs respectively.
dog_geek
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-09-2011, 09:08 PM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
I give my dogs Chondromax, 1 tablet daily, they are 27kg and 39 kgs respectively.
Thanks SB, I saw the Chondromax after I posted. Think I will go with that one, it looks like it has more Glucosamine & Chondroitin than Synoquin.

I've tried the Pooch and Mutt mobile bones for a few months now and it doesn't seem to be as good as synoquin. He's been limping quite a bit so has had to have Metacam more than usual. His coat has also been a little greasy even after a bath which it was never before he was on this, nothing else in his diet has changed.
Mackie
Dogsey Junior
Male 

21-09-2011, 09:16 PM
Yumove is very good, probably the best there is.....trust me, I've had my dog on them all.
dog_geek
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-09-2011, 09:21 PM
Originally Posted by Mackie View Post
Yumove is very good, probably the best there is.....trust me, I've had my dog on them all.
Someone on another forum told me the same about Pooch and Mutt mobile bones. Different things work for different dogs i guess. Mine was perfectly fine on synoquin but I just cant afford it any more
Mackie
Dogsey Junior
Male 

21-09-2011, 09:39 PM
Yumove is made by lintbells and costs about £10 for 60 chewable tabs. How much were you paying for synoquin?
dog_geek
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-09-2011, 09:43 PM
Originally Posted by Mackie View Post
Yumove is made by lintbells and costs about £10 for 60 chewable tabs. How much were you paying for synoquin?
The cheapest I found it was £47 for 120 tablets. He had a tablet a day.
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-09-2011, 09:52 PM
http://www.lintbells.com/online-store

60 @ £13.29 so at the dosage for your dog, dog geek, that would be 2/day = 1 month's supply.

dog_geek
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-09-2011, 09:58 PM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post

60 @ £13.29 so at the dosage for your dog, dog geek, that would be 2/day = 1 month's supply.

Thanks but Im gonna stick with the Chondromax and see how he gets on. Seems to have a higher level of Glucosamine & Chondroitin than Yumove and its cheaper. Plus I will only have to give him one a day.

Thanks for your help