View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2011, 05:36 PM
gnasher there you go again 'misrepresenting' .. wolf crosses DO wag their tails where on earth did you get that baloney from?
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

18-03-2011, 06:51 PM
Originally Posted by Gnasher
Minihaha:I could of course delete your comment, but that would be petty in the extreme. I am not a coward, and I have nothing to hide, I just raise an eyebrow at the appropriateness of a Site Moderator doing such a thing
On the contrary Gnasher, in the interests of balance I think it entirely appropriate that I draw attention to your previous thread so that anyone reading this Blog can get the full picture of the treatment Ben has received so far at the hands of his owners.
The thread contains many unanswered questions about training methods which may or may not have been tried to help Ben. It also contains suggestions for training and helping Ben from our knowledgeable members some of which other people may find helpful and preferable to resorting to using electric shocks on a previously abused dog.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2011, 07:27 PM
O thanx Tupacs, I really wasn't sure, because Hal wasn't a wagger, neither is Ben, but Tai is. No need to go getting your knickers is a twist, I was only saying that MY wolf crosses did/do not wag their tails. That is why I suggested that yourself and Tassle were consulted to see what you both had to say, seeing that you both have wolf crosses.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2011, 07:30 PM
Minihaha - I am new to blogging, so I have no idea of the do's and don'ts. If you think it appropriate, then fair enough.

Ben - the subject of so much abuse at the hands of his cruel owners - is currently lying on my feet as I type. No tail wag, but a tongue lovingly licking the bit of leg exposed between my trousers and sock!!
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2011, 07:34 PM
OK, I have 3 separate ute owners who all say that their dogs are waggers - although one says that her two only wag their tails when they really like you.
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2011, 07:42 PM
its on the individual dog how much and why they wag their tail..its not down to breed or what breeds they contain...even pure wolves wag their tails...dont quite get what ur trying to say
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2011, 07:51 PM
Who are you bringing with you then? I know Shaun Ellis as he has been here to visit us ----would it be him you mean who knows about 'wolf crosses'?

You are up for having the e collar on you and used then?

If that is a yes I need to start making arrangements for videoing and for interested parties to be present.

The collar will be one we provide that is the same as the one you use.

rune
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2011, 07:52 PM
Do they? The pure wolf that I know didn't, neither do I recall any of the wolves at the Wolf Trust, but I have to admit I wasn't really paying too much attention. If they do tail wag, it is very minimal.

Because I had mentioned that Hal didn't, and Ben doesn't, and Ben McF had commented that this could be because they were unhappy. I would never accept that Hal was unhappy, he had an amazing life, if too short, and Ben doesn't do too badly either, despite being so cruelly treated!!
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2011, 07:58 PM
Shaun has met us, and Hal, but no, I am not talking about him, I am talking about the chap at the Wolf Trust in Reading - I believe his name is Phil, but I can't remember for sure. We were due to go down and stay in Devon last summer and meet up with Charlie Richardson and Shaun, but Charlie has disappeared off the face of the earth and when we went down in January, we couldn't find out how to contact him.

Yes, I am game for OUR collar to be used on us, although I would much prefer to show you with our collar on Ben first, to see how just with the pager (vibrate) button he responds so well. No pain involved there - he hasn't been "stimmed" for ... ooo, let's see, 3 weeks now it must be.

But yes, if it gives you some sort of thrill, of course we will demonstrate to you how relatively painless it is, even on our BARE skin. Ben of course has a double coat, with a very dense undercoat, so it is difficult to get contact with his skin at all.

Do please start making arrangements for videoing - both OH and I are VERY photogenic, and my dogs even more so. I won't even charge!!
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2011, 08:09 PM
Gnasher - as I explained - a static shock would be much greater if it had to build up and pass tru think fur, the electrodes in contact with bare skin make it hurt LESS not more
Closed Thread
Page 8 of 47 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 18 > Last »