Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
dogzrunning
New Member!
Female 

16-02-2011, 07:43 PM

Teeth

anyone have a pomeranian. I have one and it has very bad teeth even though we brush them they are still bad?
pasiphae
Dogsey Junior
Female 

18-02-2011, 04:13 PM
I don't know anything about this to be honest but I would suggest that you should have a chat with your vet, maybe theres something different you can try.

Good luck x
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2011, 08:03 PM
Originally Posted by dogzrunning View Post
anyone have a pomeranian. I have one and it has very bad teeth even though we brush them they are still bad?
I think brushing them will not do anything to improve the condition of your dog's teeth-just maintain it. If his/her teeth are in poor shape perhaps you need to have them scaled at the vets? Some vets do free dental checks one month a year but I am not sure which month so that's not much help! They call it national pet smile week or something similar.

Mine have always had their teeth brushed and I buy them dental treats as well but I'm not convinced they work as they seem to inhale them rather than chew them!
Findley
Dogsey Junior
Female 

18-02-2011, 08:19 PM
Get your dogs teeth checked by the vet it sounds as though they have tar tar (calculous) build up. Once scaled and polished then maintain the brushing. Unfortunatley little dogs teeth seem prone to more damage than the larger breeds i.e. GSD but saying this Greyhounds tend to have bad teeth usually due to being kennels. Personally I think it is something in the saliva make up of the breed.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2011, 09:06 AM
Dogs clean their own teeth by crunching on hard food. This removes tartar.
A lot of processed food contains sugar and is soft, which is why so many pets have bad teeth.
My dogs are given chicken wings (raw) daily and this ensures they have lovely teeth.