Voila!

http://www.thekennelclub.org.uk/item/1128
Thanks for posting the link btw
saved me looking for it
Crichton
Dogsey Junior
Female 

31-12-2010, 12:58 PM
[QUOTE=ETA - a lovely Gundog trainer once told me that a Lab enters the world 1/2 trained and a Springer leaves the world 1/2 trained![/QUOTE]

Funny I heard that too and I think my Maisie may be heading that way

Just wondered if there were the actually no DdB registered in 2008 or were they just not in the top 20? Don't know if them being moved from the imported register would have anything to do with the rise in numbers.
Crichton
Dogsey Junior
Female 

31-12-2010, 01:00 PM
Originally Posted by Tassle View Post
Christ no....Want a clever dog - get a spaniel!!

ETA - a lovely Gundog trainer once told me that a Lab enters the world 1/2 trained and a Springer leaves the world 1/2 trained!
Funny I heard that too and I think my Maisie may be heading that way

Just wondered if there were the actually no DdB registered in 2008 or were they just not in the top 20? Don't know if them being moved from the imported register would have anything to do with the rise in numbers.
SibeVibe
Almost a Veteran
Female 

31-12-2010, 01:04 PM
Originally Posted by twilightwolf View Post
I think huskies/malutmutes (Snow dog breeds) are definitely on the up in the the past year or so. It seems to be lots of people who are really unsuitable have them.. They think there the type of dog which is fine to keep in a house alone, and is fine to be let off the lead in a field then wonders why it won't come back.
I just keep seeing more and more people with huskys, out on walks, down at the vets, tied up outside shops... Everywhere. A great breed of dog, marvellous and under control in the right hands with an owner that can give it everything it needs, but a complete nightmare with the typical "little britain family" down the road >_< They get them as cute fluffy little puppies with iddy biddy sharp teeth, but then they grow into big furry monsters which like to chew tv remotes and can moult for england and yes... they do sometimes pull on the lead when they are not trained in the right way. Takes many people who don't do there reserach by surprise!
on a Side note i got really annoyed with a typical little britain huskey dog owner over the park the other day, They had a beautiful husky off the lead - which bounded over to say hi. This wasn't a problem as it was friendly albeit excited and jumpy however........ It had a huge metal prong collar stuck around its neck. I mean... What words can I say to this person except imagine sticking it around his neck and giving it a good tug! -_- Or maybe... putting a rope on the end and trailing him round the back of my car. Sorry, It just really got to me!

Obviously Bullbreeds are probably one of the most popular at the moment, You have just got to look at the massive crisis in most rescues where a high percentage are either staffies, or staffie crosses.

I guess another breed which is becoming more popular lately are the "doodle" dogs. Gotta love them! Its weird though, I see lots of doodle dogs.. But not many Poodles! Maybe I just don't look hard enough or in the right places.
Totally agree. I see more and more sled dogs wearing prong collars and e collars nowadays. After nearly 20 years in the breed I have no problem letting owners know how misguided they are

Breed welfare schemes are struggling to cope with the amount of sled dogs being pumped out by back door breeders. Now we have the designer crosses to deal with as well. Lost count of the amount of owners I have met who truely believe a 'Huskamute' is a breed of sled dog. Till they meet Jacub

Take good care.

Seoniad.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

31-12-2010, 01:07 PM
Originally Posted by Murf View Post
Thanks for posting the link btw
saved me looking for it
Think its quiet interesting reading the link, across the board numbers have fallen over the 10 yr period.

Regarding the boxer, considering its almost fallen by half , you would never know that by the amount of litters advertise, or dogs in the street, or in the ring.

Ring numbers are down across all breeds, but thats more due to recession , than litters bred me thinks.

Although ring numbers in Boxers are still high.
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

31-12-2010, 01:15 PM
Westies have declined big time too..
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-12-2010, 01:22 PM
Borders have rocketed through films and silly Vets saying they make "ideal" pets, they dont!
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-12-2010, 04:35 PM
I haven't looked it up on the KC site, but I would guess Frenchies have increased quite considerably.

I can't say I'm surprised that Rotts have decreased in popularity - I think it's the backlash from all the bad press they had starting to take effect.

As time goes on, I think the demand for smaller breeds will increase and larger breeds will be less 'in vogue'.
paulandfloyd
Dogsey Junior
Male 

31-12-2010, 04:45 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Borders have rocketed through films and silly Vets saying they make "ideal" pets, they dont!
Why don't they...?
ronnie
New Member!
Male 

31-12-2010, 05:04 PM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
No, they pop out of the womb ready trained!
I go with that smokey bear:- have got two rescues they are great
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >