Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2010, 09:00 AM
Originally Posted by nickmcmechan View Post
now complain to OFCOM

here's the link that takes you directly to the complaints page:

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/complain/pr...?itemid=286480
Thanks for that, I've just sent in my complaint, too.
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2010, 12:26 PM
Someone has got to be effing kidding surely?

OMG - who the hell would sanction such a thing under the guise of entertainment. Whoever did needs their **** kicked along with the dogs owners.
kitty
Dogsey Junior
Female 

03-04-2010, 12:31 PM
I only saw this thread today. We didn't watch this programme last night, but I was flicking through channels and it was just at the part where they must have been doing this, the dogs were all in cages and barking like crazy. I was shocked and just kept saying "what have they done to those poor dogs to make them like that" I turned over. Its only now that I've read this post that I realise they had meat attached to the people crawing through.
In this day and age, how can they get away with this, its appalling.
I will definatly make a complaint.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2010, 12:55 PM
Well done and many thanks to Dogsey for allowing the OP to cross post.

This is just absolutely appalling. I cannot believe that this is not some very sick belated April Fool's joke. This is not entertainment, this is not only cruelty to animals, it is feeding the "anti-dog brigade" who think that all large dogs like GSDs are dangerous, and should be muzzled when out in society.

Apart from the whole idea being thoroughly sick, who's stupid idea was it to use GSDs - a breed that totally unfairly has a bit of a reputation of being dangerous.

I've only just read this thread, and thankfully didn't see the programme last night, but I bet this will provoke a torrent of complaints to ITV. Mine amongst them.
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2010, 01:27 PM
I have just watched the programme on ITV player as I wanted to see what it was that they were actually doing. I can only guess they were using security trained dogs that would be trained to bark. The dogs were actually barking before the people went in with the meat on so I guess they had been hyped up prior to the contestants entry.

This does however not make the situation any better and will also be sending my e-mail to ITV.

I think this the e-mail to comment/complain on programmes.
viewerservices@itv.com

I have also set my status on a well known social networking site to encourage others to do the same.
*SJ*
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-04-2010, 02:06 PM
Seems they are expecting lots of complaints!

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/a2121...door.html?imdb
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2010, 04:27 PM
Originally Posted by *SJ* View Post
Seems they are expecting lots of complaints!

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/a2121...door.html?imdb
She annoys me.

Why do something like this then? So stupid. But then, that's this type of reality TV show for you. They seem to feel the need to stoop to new lows every time. Awful
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2010, 04:29 PM
Originally Posted by Fudgeley View Post
I have just watched the programme on ITV player as I wanted to see what it was that they were actually doing. I can only guess they were using security trained dogs that would be trained to bark. The dogs were actually barking before the people went in with the meat on so I guess they had been hyped up prior to the contestants entry.

This does however not make the situation any better and will also be sending my e-mail to ITV.

I think this the e-mail to comment/complain on programmes.
viewerservices@itv.com

I have also set my status on a well known social networking site to encourage others to do the same.
Yes, e-mailed them yesterday and OFCOM today.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

03-04-2010, 05:27 PM
Originally Posted by Westie_N View Post
She annoys me.

Why do something like this then? So stupid. But then, that's this type of reality TV show for you. They seem to feel the need to stoop to new lows every time. Awful
She even said it quote "It's reality television taken to a new low" unquote

Words fail me, where on earth is this all going to end

And people wonder why kids are so disrespectful, teenagers get drunk every weekend, adults engage in crime. It seems there are no morals and no standards anymore.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2010, 05:31 PM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
She even said it quote "It's reality television taken to a new low" unquote

Words fail me, where on earth is this all going to end

And people wonder why kids are so disrespectful, teenagers get drunk every weekend, adults engage in crime. It seems there are no morals and no standards anymore.
Ha! So she did, Harvey!

I'm with you on this one. The longer time goes on, the less morals and standards people have.
Page 5 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >