View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2010, 08:34 PM
Westie, I do totally agree with you.........as I said, I do not agree with dogs, or any animals being used in this way for entertainment. However, my point is that if people want to stop it happening then it must be done properly, and not with hasty emails etc. before a programme has even been screened. That will only give them ammunition such as I have outlined above.

I really do want it all stopped, but there was nothing in the programme to warrant RSPCA or anything else......it needs a more general approach in a more structured way
tazer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2010, 08:49 PM
Originally Posted by Westie_N View Post
I didn't find it to be comfortable viewing at all and I'm glad I made a complaint.
I didn't like it either. Though according to a family member, there was nothing wrong with it, and I'm just over reacting when I say the dogs were being put in a stressful situation, for the sake of cheap tv, and that I was concerned that with the negative image dogs are recieving at the mo, that it wasn't a verry clever idea, but again, I'm just over reacting apparently.

Maybe, but it really irritates me.
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2010, 08:53 PM
Originally Posted by tazer View Post
I didn't like it either. Though according to a family member, there was nothing wrong with it, and I'm just over reacting when I say the dogs were being put in a stressful situation, for the sake of cheap tv, and that I was concerned that with the negative image dogs are recieving at the mo, that it wasn't a verry clever idea, but again, I'm just over reacting apparently.

thats my only bug bear,they looked like they kinda enjoyed it
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

02-04-2010, 08:56 PM
I didn't find it to be comfortable viewing at all and I'm glad I made a complaint.
Well done Nicola, do let us know if you receive a reply which I doubt you will. Complaints sent by e-mail seem to just get ignored by the pompous, media people these days.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

02-04-2010, 09:03 PM
I say the dogs were being put in a stressful situation, for the sake of cheap tv,
I think you've hit the nail on the head there, ITV is in terrible financial trouble and is trying to make the cheapest programmes it can.

The problem is that there are literally millions of people who are so 'brain washed' they will watch anything and the rise of the 'reality' TV program just proves this.

Sorry if that includes some of the people who said you were 'over-reacting' why don't you tell them they are 'dumbing down' that should get a good argument going in your house
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2010, 09:03 PM

Oh I'm with you.

It was a totally unneccessary situation for the dogs, absolutely no need for it. Especially with the GPs opinion on dogs these days, it won't have done dogs, especially big dogs like GSDs, any good at all, IMO. It's not as if the dogs were even doing a important, neccessary job. They weren't. This was all done for tacky and distasteful entertainment purposes.

Especially when you get contestants saying they really "hate dogs".

The programme is awful anyway, and I only seen a tiny bit of it, the bit where the dogs were on. Yuck.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2010, 09:05 PM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
Well done Nicola, do let us know if you receive a reply which I doubt you will. Complaints sent by e-mail seem to just get ignored by the pompous, media people these days.
We'll probably all get the usual, bog standard reply, Harvey, as always. Will certainly let you know.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

02-04-2010, 09:23 PM
We'll probably all get the usual, bog standard reply, Harvey, as always. Will certainly let you know.
ITV have just appointed a new CEO I'll see if I can find his name and write to him, at the very least it might make a few people sit up if the big boss starts asking questions
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2010, 09:23 PM
I watched it and while I did see a dog laying down and the wagging tails of a couple of others, I also saw a very upset Shepherd barking and snapping at the cage. How much 'winding up' was done to provoke the dogs into a reaction? That's something we didn't really see apart from the pathetic squeals of some of the contestants.

I also found the use of rats upsetting and unnecessary. Keith Duffy's description of them was ignorant and predictable. I'd rather look at a rats face over his any day.

A completely pointless show in my opinion.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2010, 09:32 PM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
ITV have just appointed a new CEO I'll see if I can find his name and write to him, at the very least it might make a few people sit up if the big boss starts asking questions
Good idea, Harvey! Let us know how you get on.
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >