Female 

02-04-2010, 05:55 PM
Just emailing mine.
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2010, 06:03 PM
Heres my email,

I have recently been informed that you are planning to air a tv programme called the door where there are dogs, of the German Shepherd breed in cages, after being described hungry, rancid and savage. If this is true then I am extremely disapointed, I'm disapointed that someone see's fit to put the dogs in a situation where they will be stressed, unless you know for sure that the dogs are fully trained to be able to do something like this without any stress on their half, I'm also disapointed that you seem to be exploiting dogs in such a way to gain money or veiwings from it, which will more then likely in turn badly affect on dogs in general, and I'm also saddened that someone has allowed you to use their dogs for such a thing, and I hope that you do something to rectify this, or you foot the bill if any of the things that you do causes a negative impact on dog kind, as that will be your responisibilty.

I also told them that I will be looking forward to a reply, do you think I got my message across?
Chicos-Mummy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

02-04-2010, 06:06 PM
I've cross posted this too
nickmcmechan
Almost a Veteran
Male 

02-04-2010, 06:32 PM
I've sent a complaint - if the programme goes ahead as scheduled the next stage is to complain directly to OFCOM (after the programme has been broadcast at 9pm)

I'll be watching to see if it goes ahead and then complaining if I need to.

The trailers for the other parts of the programme show similar treatment to other animals. This is disgusting.
nickmcmechan
Almost a Veteran
Male 

02-04-2010, 06:33 PM
Originally Posted by chaz View Post
Heres my email,

I have recently been informed that you are planning to air a tv programme called the door where there are dogs, of the German Shepherd breed in cages, after being described hungry, rancid and savage. If this is true then I am extremely disapointed, I'm disapointed that someone see's fit to put the dogs in a situation where they will be stressed, unless you know for sure that the dogs are fully trained to be able to do something like this without any stress on their half, I'm also disapointed that you seem to be exploiting dogs in such a way to gain money or veiwings from it, which will more then likely in turn badly affect on dogs in general, and I'm also saddened that someone has allowed you to use their dogs for such a thing, and I hope that you do something to rectify this, or you foot the bill if any of the things that you do causes a negative impact on dog kind, as that will be your responisibilty.

I also told them that I will be looking forward to a reply, do you think I got my message across?
good wording, thanks chaz
nickmcmechan
Almost a Veteran
Male 

02-04-2010, 06:36 PM
should this also be reported to the rspca?
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2010, 06:53 PM
Sent my email too. I'm absolutely gobsmacked that this is being allowed!!
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2010, 08:22 PM
Well, I have just watched the programme in question.

Whilst I detest dogs, or any animals being used for entertainment in this way and in no way condone the programme for doing so, I have to say that there appeared to be no "starving, rabid dogs", and nor did the contestants have raw meat attached to them.

The GSDs were in cages, yes....... but the photography seemed to be edited to show only barking dogs. Some of the shots showed dogs wagging slow friendly tails!

Again, I do not ever want animals used in this way BUT tonight's programme did not appear to be cruel.

I think that if petitions are to be raised against this sort of usage of dogs/animals, then it must be done carefully otherwise it is pointless and will achieve nothing.

Those dogs were quite enjoying it looking at their body language, but even so...............
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2010, 08:24 PM
I didn't find it to be comfortable viewing at all and I'm glad I made a complaint.
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »