Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2009, 10:48 PM
Ooh a toughie, mmmmm
I have met so many well adjusted Staff's and some beautiful BCs, my Nan owned a BC x.... ooh... I probably will never own either sadly, as I am a gundog fan, but if I have to choose it would be a well bred Staffordshire for me... They are beautiful, loving, dedicated to their family and after a good walk are happy to be a couch potato with mummy

Why not BCs... well as beautiful as they are, I couldn't have a dog more intelligent than me!!

(which really shows my dogs up eh?!! )
CavalierCrazy
Almost a Veteran
Female 

30-11-2009, 10:51 PM
Border collies I love their talents agility/flyball/doggy dancing etc such a smart breed.

and not staffys because they are a bit to strong for me but everyone i meet they are soooooo friendly
tabsmagic
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-11-2009, 11:29 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Stafford for me. Im fond of Collies but they are very "busy" and you cant use the TV remove when lying on the sofa, they block the signal!
Says it all for me.
The BC is beautiful but too manic!!
johnderondon
Almost a Veteran
Male 

01-12-2009, 12:16 AM
Good God!

All you people who have said BCs are too busy, or too intelligent, or too manic...it's all in your heads!

BCs are no different to any other dog. They're not cleverer. They're not more agile or more active. They don't behave any differently to say...a Newfie or a Beagle. They're just like every other dog. It's nothing to be intimidated by.

lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-12-2009, 12:55 AM
BC for me, i love SBTs but both jake and sam have/had BC in them and my aunt always has working BCs for her sheep and they are amazing. plus, spending most of my childhood in mull meant i was around them constantly so they are a breed i love.

was hard not to choose SBT though as i love them too, and my ex had to lovely SBTs who were sooo cuddly i miss diesel and levi...
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-12-2009, 02:32 AM
Originally Posted by johnderondon View Post
Good God!

All you people who have said BCs are too busy, or too intelligent, or too manic...it's all in your heads!

BCs are no different to any other dog. They're not cleverer. They're not more agile or more active. They don't behave any differently to say...a Newfie or a Beagle. They're just like every other dog. It's nothing to be intimidated by.
love the pic but there are exceptions to that rule just ask Hali about Tip
Okay my answer is BC but have to stipulate it being a sort haired one, as my dad has a long haired one it is never ending brushing. But the sweetest nature and great expressions.
Would love to have a Staffy one day but do not know that many.
I hope you add the reasons up too is seems most will be because I own one or know someone that does, oh and how many disclaimers there are in saying would have both
muttzrule
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-12-2009, 06:01 AM
Border collie all the way! I love the intelligence, the connection between dog and handler, the energy, the beauty, just everything. BC's are the best!

Staffys have two strikes against them, Terrier and Bull breed. I have nothing against either, but would never owner either, they just dont' suit me at all.
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-12-2009, 07:03 AM
BC!!!!!!!

Quirkiness, Work alholics & Couch Potatoes!!!!! Perfect!!!!!

Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-12-2009, 09:11 AM
I was wondering which breed would draw the short straw (in my view) to come up against the bc.

BC for me - they keep me on my toes and I love their loyalty.

As for why not the stafffie...purely that it isn't a bc!

Originally Posted by Shona View Post
staffy, as dawn said, collies are just to busy for me.
In that case I'm going back to change my rotti vote to GSD.
only kidding, I think your thoughts on bcs are the same of mine on kids - well behaved ones belonging to other people are fine, but I wouldn't want myself

Originally Posted by Emrad View Post
love the pic but there are exceptions to that rule just ask Hali about Tip
Okay my answer is BC but have to stipulate it being a sort haired one, as my dad has a long haired one it is never ending brushing. But the sweetest nature and great expressions.
Would love to have a Staffy one day but do not know that many.
I hope you add the reasons up too is seems most will be because I own one or know someone that does, oh and how many disclaimers there are in saying would have both
I can't see the photos just now, but if your slurring Tip's intelligence....

.....yep, you're right
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-12-2009, 09:37 AM
im going to have to say the staffy collies are just so bust for me and are so active all the time. i love the staffy attitude and the fact that despite looking so big and grrr! they are really big soppy softies who love nothing more than a cuddle and giving you a big sloppy kiss
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >