View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2009, 01:06 PM

Mud, Rain and ''Ooooo no, I don't want to get my paws wet''!!

Will someone please explain to me why my dog refuses to go outside for a wee, in the rain??????

I have just got back from a two hour dog walk, in the rain, where Woody was running about in swamps, swimming in the river and is covered in mud (as am I) but he refuses to go out and wee and instead did it on the carpet by the door (I knew he was busting as he always is when he's been swimming but I couldn't even drag him outside!!)

What is up with that?

Also, how do you alll keep your houses clean in this weather? I stupidly did my housework this morning and the place looks even worse now than it did before ;o(
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2009, 01:23 PM
i feel your pain pidge! i was outside this morning in my pj's and coat while lily (very reluctantly) did her tiddle. she refused to go unless i came outside with her but then came indoors and pooped on the floor!

she too is happy to go through muddy puddles and walk in the rain! fickle miss!

thank goodness for vinyl!

well i cleaned all my floors yesterday lunchtime and i now have some beautiful pawprints all over them! i'm just cringing though, thinking of your lovely cream carpets!!
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2009, 01:29 PM
Don't know about the wee problem - maybe he' just being fussy! but I feel for you with the cream carpets!! It's bad enough with cream walls but thanks goodness for laminate floor. We found puddles this morning that resembled small lakes, even deeper than my wellies!
I try to get a towel round Tilly before she shakes all over the walls, but she always wants to go straight back out into the garden when it rains to do zoomies! My walls were splattered this morning and no doubt will be again this evening
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2009, 01:29 PM
LOL, funny Lily!

Trust me, my cream carpets look much nicer in the pictures! I might have to invest in tiles all over the downstairs I think. I just wish we had a bigger house with a utility room!! Oh how I dream of that ;o(
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2009, 01:34 PM
The wee thing was just him really needing to go but being fussy about going outside, he's just such an odd ball sometimes!

I feel like such a skank in this weather, my carpets are stained and have threadbare bits from scrubbing, my walls have all kinds of marks and splatters of things up them, and missing paint patches form scrubbing. My sofas were natural but now look more ''natural world'' and my cream cushions have been washed more times than I like to remember!!

When we get back from our walk I leave his lead on and tie him to the front gate while I towel him down. I use two towels, one micro oone to dry him and the other rough one to get all the mud off but as soon as he steps into the house, filth, everywhere!!

It reallly is a bloody good job I love him!! ;op
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2009, 01:38 PM
Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
The wee thing was just him really needing to go but being fussy about going outside, he's just such an odd ball sometimes!

I feel like such a skank in this weather, my carpets are stained and have threadbare bits from scrubbing, my walls have all kinds of marks and splatters of things up them, and missing paint patches form scrubbing. My sofas were natural but now look more ''natural world'' and my cream cushions have been washed more times than I like to remember!!

When we get back from our walk I leave his lead on and tie him to the front gate while I towel him down. I use two towels, one micro oone to dry him and the other rough one to get all the mud off but as soon as he steps into the house, filth, everywhere!!

I know what you mean my house used to be like a show house - now it's just a dog house!! with the added benefit of having to hoover 3 times a day!! (hub says he's going to put the hoover in my coffin when I pop my clogs as it's always in my hand!!)
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2009, 01:44 PM
oh boy! after your description of your house now, i had to go back and look at the thread you put up in the summer of your beautiful home!

would it be really mean to ask for the 'after' pics!

anyway, i'm sure it doesn't look as bad as you think.
maxine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2009, 01:59 PM
Same here with dirty dogs, mine all get hosed off and towel dried. They stay indoors in the cosy warm (their choice) until the next walk when they turn back into filthy, wet, swamp monsters. Then they are hosed down and towel dried again and so it goes on............for the next 6 months.

Who would have dogs in winter? Especially long haired ones that just love muddy water! I gave up with carpets and now have hard floors and scrubbable paint, but I still have to hoover up the dirt and hair that drops off the dogs every day. But I love them sooooooo much and wouldn't be without them. Who wants a permanently clean house anyway?
Lizzy23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2009, 02:07 PM
Originally Posted by Pidge View Post

Thats par for the cause when you own springers, wanna try it with 4 a bit of muck and dog hair never killed anyone
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2009, 02:13 PM
Originally Posted by Lizzy23 View Post
Thats par for the cause when you own springers, wanna try it with 4 a bit of muck and dog hair never killed anyone
I can't stand the hair - every time I eat something there seems to be a dog hair in it, or on the plate - they get everywhere!
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 > Last »