View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
eloquence
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-10-2009, 06:14 PM
I walk all 4 of mine (2 irish setters, 1 lab and a springer ), and to be honest it varies on weather i walk them or they walk me Most of the time they are really good.
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-10-2009, 06:18 PM
I walk just 2... and as they are boisterous boys would not feel comfy walking more than them atm... Remy always walked with me alone, she liked Mummy time and Codee will start off on her own, so I can train her, then will walk her with Jamie at first as he much calmer.. Deacon is just a nutter!!
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

17-10-2009, 06:19 PM
Originally Posted by Katie23 View Post
ok take the whole 'i know my dog' out the equasion

would you walk the listed breeds together?

what if those dogs 'did one'?

wolud you not call it borderline stupid?

im not after an argument here... just views so no-one jump on me
Not having a go at all but if I owned those particular breeds and they were as well behaved as my current dogs then yes I would walk them together. It really is dependant on how the dogs behave with me and each other rather than their breed.
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-10-2009, 06:56 PM
I have walked 3gsds(2 were mine) a weimeraner, a golden retriever and a staffie together.
It wasnt on a road, but across fields and i knew the dogs in question(belong to me and my mum) but had control over them- if they wanted to 'go' they could..but didnt.
it totally depends on the dogs. I wouldnt walk that amount if i didnt know them.
tokiayla
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-10-2009, 10:05 PM
Originally Posted by Katie23 View Post
ok take the whole 'i know my dog' out the equasion

would you walk the listed breeds together?
YES! If I knew the dogs and knew that I could handle them.
Chances of having the opportunity to walk those breeds together and NOT knowing them is pretty non existent.

I doubt the woman is 'borderline stupid'.

Maybe your post would have been better worded to have said that you personally could not walk those four dogs together?

Not having a go, but without knowing the owner/dogs how can anyone pass judgement? If you were posting to say she was face down in the mud being dragged along by these four then I could see your point
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

18-10-2009, 09:12 AM
I think it all depends on where you are walking ..

On lead is one thing, but off lead in populated parks/woods, I think you should only walk as many dogs as you have hands!!
aliwin
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-10-2009, 10:23 AM
Well I was walked by 2 dogs yesterday! Dizzy is still in training for walking nicely on the lead and was havin a madun yesterday which led to Molly thinking it was ok for her to do this too. So round the block I went at speed I could have stopped them if absoloutely necessary but when Dizzy is fully grown it will be a problem. Brought me up short on how much I need to go back to the drawing board with the walk on the lead exercise

So I would be able to do no more than 2.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2009, 12:47 PM
I walk my four together all the time (2 GSDs and 2 BCs). To be fair, I rarely walk them in busy places or near roads, so not an issue.

I don't think this lady is "borderline stupid" as I am sure she knows her own dogs and their level of training. As someone else pointed out, most large dogs could pull an average lady (and possibly even a man) over if they really wanted to - but it all depends on how well behaved they are.
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2009, 01:37 PM
this isnt a dig, it is a genuine question, but how do people keep track of all there dogs if they have a few offlead? i have enough trouble with one though, he is a little monster
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2009, 01:43 PM
Originally Posted by lozzibear View Post
this isnt a dig, it is a genuine question, but how do people keep track of all there dogs if they have a few offlead? i have enough trouble with one though, he is a little monster
I always walk all four of mine off lead and don't have a problem keeping track of them. They are all pretty well behaved and don't tend to go out of sight.
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >