View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2009, 10:54 AM
i just wanted to say how brilliant i think you are for really weighing up the pros and cons. it is so hard not to let our hearts rule, especially when it involves an animal in need. i am sure there is someone out there for that precious girl just as you were/are for bruno.

the support offered on this thread is just wonderful.
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2009, 11:10 AM
Originally Posted by Kazz View Post
Have replied to your PM Dani, great minds in the timing route eh?

I am not sure being a two dog family is all it is cracked up to be. But maybe thats because the breed I choose to adore is a people dog more than a dog dog breed.

Karen
i think thats exactly right, I was on a staffy forum and reading all the problems multiple dog households are having and I just thought - do i want that ??
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2009, 11:15 AM
Originally Posted by lilypup View Post
i just wanted to say how brilliant i think you are for really weighing up the pros and cons. it is so hard not to let our hearts rule, especially when it involves an animal in need. i am sure there is someone out there for that precious girl just as you were/are for bruno.

aw thanks - and yes the support is great- and good and bad points are always a necessity.

Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

24-07-2009, 01:33 PM
Originally Posted by lilypup View Post

See, we are not all bad
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2009, 01:34 PM
Hats off to you Dani. Not an easy decision to make when your heart is crying out to help another wee soul.

I have no doubt that Bruno will be just as happy with the situation staying as it is, than adding a new friend to it.
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2009, 01:58 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
See, we are not all bad
far from it!
inkliveeva
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2009, 03:06 PM
Well Toro went from not accepting another dog in our house to allowing my daughters Bobo in, gradually over a 6 week period, and now my foster Mister, could you Foster the wee one for a while to get a wee taste of what its like with 2 it can take a long time for them to get used to each other, Bruno would have to learn to share as would the other one, brining another in has high lighted Toros problems in the home to me, she has been too spoilt...I'm on day 15 with the 3 of them and still watch where they go whos sniffing who, non of them are ever left to their own devices yet, I'm taking a softly softly approach with them, no play indoors , no toys unless I say so , Toro and Inka share but Toro doesn't like to share with Mister, so play so far is seperated, it is hard work and with you having the wee one it would be even harder...what ever you decide I'm sure you'll make the right decision for everyone...
Good Luck Elaine xx
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2009, 03:13 PM
FWIW.....I live with 2 dogs who hate each other in the house, and would kill each other if they got the chance.......they live totally seperately, amd are NEVER together in the house or garden, and only see each other through dog gates - and Fin tries to attack Teagan through the gate!
On walks they are fine, but I can't take them both on my own - just incase something happens.

It's bloomin hard work!
Obviously neither Steve or I would rehome one of our dogs, and it wouldn't be fair on the other person/dog if one of us had to, so we decided to live like this!
If I had rescued a dog (which I wouldn't - with Teagan being DA), and this had happened, I would be heartbroken to have to let the rescue go back

Ste and I would love another dog (we've talked about it, and planned our next breed), but we know it's totally not going to happen until Teagan goes (Not that we ever want that to happen).
But now Fin is becoming agressive in the house through gates - so thats another problem!

Well done for thinking it all out Dani!
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2009, 03:51 PM
Haven't read the whole thread, but can only go on my own experience.

RE picking up bad habits: Tilly did to an extent pick up Bryan's habit of barking at other dogs when she was on her lead. Also her dog aggression didn't change even though she was living perfectly happy with Bryan.

Saying that, our other dogs didn't pick up Bryan's habit so I guess it's down to the individual dog.

HTH

ETA: I think inkli's idea of fostering the little dog is brilliant!
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2009, 04:07 PM
Originally Posted by Sarah27 View Post
Haven't read the whole thread, but can only go on my own experience.

RE picking up bad habits: Tilly did to an extent pick up Bryan's habit of barking at other dogs when she was on her lead. Also her dog aggression didn't change even though she was living perfectly happy with Bryan.

Saying that, our other dogs didn't pick up Bryan's habit so I guess it's down to the individual dog.

HTH

ETA: I think inkli's idea of fostering the little dog is brilliant!
thanks guys, I would have gone down the foster route but the wee girl is still in her home - its a lovely home just change of circumstances so she is staying there until the best home comes up for her. It wont be long she is a stunner !!!
Page 5 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >