Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2009, 10:59 AM
Originally Posted by Berger View Post
Ah bless her. She'll get there. I love how much she loves her ball. I've yet to find a toy that Ivan loves as much as an empty plastic bottle xx
Thanks Berger, and although this pool is far too big for even my two, it would suit that gorgeous handsome Ivan a treat! Zena still likes those empty milk bottles too!

Originally Posted by Mum To Many View Post
Great pics, looks like they love the pool, if we had one Brinley would sit in it all day, and Betty would never go anywhere near it she hates water as much as Brin loves it!
Thanks Mum to Many, but have you tried one yet,you never know Betty might love it! It only took a day for Zena to get the hang of it and she loved it

Originally Posted by Ruthlynn View Post
Brilliant pictures!!

Ruthie
Thanks Ruthie, she's coming on a treat isn't she, little miss myschief that she is!
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2009, 12:41 PM
It took me a while to convince puppy kismet to have a go in the pool last summer... but in the end throwing treats and toys in did the trick Haven't got another one yet this year, so we'll have to see if she remembers. I just buy the cheapest inflatable one I can find and throw it out as soon as the weather turns every year.. This one was £4 from a carboot sale

Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2009, 02:49 PM
I've tried those inflatables, but they don't last 5 mins coz of sharp little claws, clawing at the ball at the bottom or the sides, but you can get the solid sided ones as cheap as chips £5 at Wilko's, sometimes B & Q and sometimes Wyevale garden centres, just gottta shop around
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

26-05-2009, 04:43 PM
Great pics Helena.

We got Ollie a pool last year, he thought it was a giant drinking bowl Ended up throwing it out.

At least Georgie seems to be enjoying it.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2009, 06:23 PM
Thanks Lynn, I'm surprised you got one big enough for dear Ollie!!! That's probably why he thought it might be his new water bowl! Lol!
Mum To Many
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-05-2009, 08:38 AM
I don't know why Betty hates water so much but she really does, when we took her to the beach she loved being there but she run into the water following Brinley and she run out a whole lot faster ! He was really happy to be in the water and proved to be a strong swimmer, even in the park he goes and sits in a muddy puddle when hes been running around she won't go near it, if he sees Charlie our n'bours Lab they get into all sorts of mischief which usually involves any water they can find to jump into, I guess some dogs love water and some don't, my Mums guide dog Fay was the same she hated water as well, Bettys a lot like Fay in some ways apart from the fact shes as mad as a box of frogs that is!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2009, 11:32 AM
Lol, yes I've had dogs who love muddy puddles and the hosepipe and yet they'd never go in the sea. Then again, I've had one dog who would run off to jump in the nearest pond or stream and one day we nearly lost her, couldn't find her anywhere, then I suddenly thought about the stream and there she was paddling against the current waiting for mum to come to the rescue!
hades
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

27-05-2009, 12:08 PM
Great pics H,
Zena is so beautiful she is looking amazing, what a stunner!!!
I havent had alot of time to come on here recently, and have mised pics of zena and georgie boy!!!!
Two stunning GSD they are a credit to you.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2009, 04:37 PM
Thanks hades, she's looking great isn't she and soooooo happy as you can see from every single pic! I hope you're still searching for your dad's new addition
Page 6 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6