Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2009, 12:55 PM
Originally Posted by odenna View Post
great pics they looked to have had a lot of fun.
i am still waiting for the sun to come out here
jo
Thanks odenna, and I've just had a nose at your gorgeous gang after seeing your avatar, and I'm loving them all, especially your Kora!!!!

Originally Posted by Tillymint View Post
I soooooooooo want a pool for Tilly, I keep filling the washing up bowl up and letting her play in that! & I keep glimpsing in the early learning centre at those plastic rigid ones. I even keep looking at the local tip in case someone is dumping one!
I know she will wreck whatever I get!
Lovely pics! great fun!!
I got this one on impulse coz Argos is apposite P@H so I nipped in there and bought it (a tenner!) You have to make sure you get the rigid side ones so they can't pop them, but the very best ones are the Wilkinson's £5 wonders coz they're smaller, this is far too big for what I wanted, but at least she had an introduction to a pool! Bless her heat, she was sooooo funny, I went in and started splashing her, hence that face of hers there!!!

Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
Fab photos. They look to have had a great time, and what a great idea for a pressie for the dogs this summer (and I suppose the children might be able to use it too )
The whole family could get in this one Kirsty!!! It's huuuge! Far too big, but I suppose they can get in there together once Zena's used to it. I didn't want her jumping over the sides of course, and that's why the top half is empty with the sides down, so she can walk in! She had great fun out there this morning I can tell you, what more could a girl want, a football and a paddling pool!

Originally Posted by Benzmum View Post
Ben wants to go and live with his auntie H!!!

great pics hope the sun comes out again soon so we get more piccies! x
Lol, yes Lynne, send him on down,coz this pool is big enough for Ben to do his hydrotherapy, even with Georgie and Zena both in there!
Heather and Zak
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2009, 01:12 PM
Great Pics, I bought the same one for Zak last year and he just kept standing on the side and emptying it so i gave up in the end.
inkliveeva
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2009, 01:23 PM
Brilliant pics, love the one with Zenas teeth showing, Georgie again looks so happy, she really has brought the best back out in him xx
talassie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2009, 01:57 PM
Bless! So she doesn't want to be a water baby yet.
I am planning to get a pool for Tala once I get my garden sorted. At the moment she thinks puddles are for splashing in.
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2009, 02:01 PM
Great pics Helena.

He was just like Zena, at first, he wouldn't got near it, so we used to throw biscuits in it. but clever boy would paw the water until the biscuits came to the side.
We got one of those for Ben last year, unfortunatley he broke the sides with jumping in and out. then we got one of those blow up ones with rings you know? he burst that in about 5 mins.

I think the lake is the safest option for me
Elaine xxx
Sweep
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2009, 03:19 PM
Really lovely pictures!
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2009, 04:04 PM
Aww looks like they loved it really lol
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2009, 04:11 PM
Originally Posted by elaineb View Post
Great pics Helena.

He was just like Zena, at first, he wouldn't got near it, so we used to throw biscuits in it. but clever boy would paw the water until the biscuits came to the side.
We got one of those for Ben last year, unfortunatley he broke the sides with jumping in and out. then we got one of those blow up ones with rings you know? he burst that in about 5 mins.

Elaine xxx
Don't know what happened to that then, half my post is gone, kaput!!!! Oh well you can get the drift. the "he" is Ben by the way
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2009, 04:13 PM
Originally Posted by Heather and Zak View Post
Great Pics, I bought the same one for Zak last year and he just kept standing on the side and emptying it so i gave up in the end.
Oh I had one like that though Heather! I also had one who didn't want to go in, but just to spoil the fun for the puppy, she got up, went over to the pool, put her head under the water and pulled the plug out, and calmly walked back to her spot and laid down again!!!! She was another smarty pants!!!

Originally Posted by inkliveeva View Post
Brilliant pics, love the one with Zenas teeth showing, Georgie again looks so happy, she really has brought the best back out in him xx
Thanks inkliveeva, yes that's my favourite too, I didn't know she was doing that till I saw the piccy, I was splashing water at her you see! Georgie always loved his pool, and he'd never had one before he came to Helen's Heaven here!

Originally Posted by talassie View Post
Bless! So she doesn't want to be a water baby yet.
I am planning to get a pool for Tala once I get my garden sorted. At the moment she thinks puddles are for splashing in.
Well don't be surprised if she isn't interested then, coz Zena is obsessed with water (or so I thought!) coz she grabs the hose when I'm using it, or chases the water round the garden when I hold it up for her, she never drinks out of the water bucket under the tap outside when we get back from a walk, but grabs the tap and prefers to drink running water, so I thought she would be over the moon with a whole poolfull of it!! She did go in eventually, but only to get that ball! Maybe when I can fill it right up, but I didn't want her jumping those high sides. Might get the smaller one which is a lot lower for her.

Originally Posted by elaineb View Post
Great pics Helena.

Elaine xxx
If I had a lake around here I wouldn't be needing this pool, but then again, I've got the sea, and I can't wait to take them both down there coz Georgie was brought up with walking along the beach, so he'll show her it's ok!

Originally Posted by Sweep View Post
Really lovely pictures!
Thankyou Sweep Glad you enjoyed them, they really were having a great time out there!
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2009, 05:09 PM
hee. hee - great photos, she doesnt look convinced though,

Got bruno one a few years ago and he would not put his paws in it, Eventually did stood there with this expression like "AND?" and then killed it by chewing the edge of it thus letting all the water out !!!

hope yours last longer than ours did !!!
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »