Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
fayeily
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-10-2010, 05:42 PM

Dutch has just been attacked

This will be the 3rd time this has happened now, but this was the worst.

Took him over the park, just about to leave and 2 BIG staffie crosses came charging from nowhere. One pushed Dutch to the floor and grabbed his throat and the other one was ontop of him.
Luckily my boyfrien was with me, he grabbed one by its collar and dragged it off. I was frantically trying to hold dutch away with one hand and pull the other dog off with the other.
I was shouting at the kids that were walking the dogs (did i mention they were being walked by two 10 year old girls?!!!!)
to get there dogs.
When they pulled their dogs away i was shouting and swearing like nobodys business. Told there dogs should be kept on the lead!

Im distraught. Luckily they didnt break the skin, i think we reacted just in time and Dutch seems fine in himself.
This has happened too many times and i just dont know how dutch will react to strange dogs again.

Looking back i should have taken there details but i just wanted to get dutch away asap.

is there anything i can do now? can i report it?
EgyptGal
Almost a Veteran
Female 

08-10-2010, 05:44 PM
Oh no not again Sorry you keep having these bad experiences, hope you're both ok and get over the shock soon xxx
fayeily
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-10-2010, 05:47 PM
Originally Posted by EGYPTGAL View Post
Oh no not again Sorry you keep having these bad experiences, hope you're both ok and get over the shock soon xxx
i just cant believe it, 6 months old and has been attacked 3 times.
Thanks, will see what hes like with other dogs tomorrow when i take him out again.
fingers crossed!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-10-2010, 05:50 PM
I'm so sorry, it's happening all too often nowadays isn't it, but I'm glad your poor little dog seems to be ok, you're very lucky!

I'd ring the dog warden, give them all the details and e-mail them too if you can't get them on the phone. I'm sure they won't take kindly to two dogs like this being walked by kids!!!

I met my old dog trainer yesterday and she carries a spray of some sort coz she's getting fed up of her youngster getting attacked and she said it's far better to shock the dogs first before it all kicks off big time, so maybe you could get hold of something like this for the future, I know I am! Good luck with your little dog, poor bladdy dog it's not on
EgyptGal
Almost a Veteran
Female 

08-10-2010, 05:52 PM
Yes, i know someone who used a pressurised can of air that seems to scare the dog its aimed at, not in the face though. You can get it in pet shops.
fayeily
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-10-2010, 05:54 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
I'm so sorry, it's happening all too often nowadays isn't it, but I'm glad your poor little dog seems to be ok, you're very lucky!

I'd ring the dog warden, give them all the details and e-mail them too if you can't get them on the phone. I'm sure they won't take kindly to two dogs like this being walked by kids!!!

I met my old dog trainer yesterday and she carries a spray of some sort coz she's getting fed up of her youngster getting attacked and she said it's far better to shock the dogs first before it all kicks off big time, so maybe you could get hold of something like this for the future, I know I am! Good luck with your little dog, poor bladdy dog it's not on
Thanks Helena54, i will definetly be looking to get some of that spray, its a good idea, i wonder if its ok to use it on the owners too?

Dutch just had his tea and has taken himself to bed, poor thing.
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-10-2010, 05:58 PM
Poor Dutch, I hope he's OK. The spray sounds like a good idea.
Manyana13
Almost a Veteran
Female 

08-10-2010, 06:13 PM
Poor Dutch. What an awful experience for him and you. I am glad that he seems himself. I would report it to the warden as suggested. Hope Dutch is ok
Harley & Me
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-10-2010, 06:21 PM
Poor Dutch, how awful for him and you too. I'd suggest reporting it to the dog warden just so they are aware of the problem, as if its happening to others too at least they know whats happening.

Wish I could help but give Dutch a hug from me,

Rose x
fayeily
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-10-2010, 06:24 PM
Thanks all, will be reporting it asap.
Hopefully this will be the last time!
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >