View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Trixy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-03-2006, 02:44 PM
Gosh Inca what a scare, I am padded in my cell here plus my Cavs to bark anybody off (I hope!!) glad your sorting it out though what a pain
Harry25
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-03-2006, 02:48 PM
Our house is like Fort Knox. Front door, back door and french doors all have locks plus star locks top and bottom, all windows have acorn locks, bedroom door has a lock for when I'm home alone, even Poppy's playpen has a lock :0)

We have main front door with 3 locks plus vestible door with a lock. We have a bolt on the side gate, a bolt and padlock on the gate to the main back garden and a bolt and padlock on the main back gate.

Sometimes wonder if we'd be able to get out in a hurry ??!!
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-03-2006, 03:26 PM
well though my house was as well .....window locks alarm fitted and a front door that anyone can open LOL
minda
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-03-2006, 06:07 PM
I would like to think my house is safe but I think a burglar could get into any house if they were really determined. I've always had good locks on my doors and windows but when my house got broken into a few years ago all the locks made no difference because they kicked through a door panel.
Kicks
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-03-2006, 06:15 PM
Our house is that secure when the fireman tried to get into next door (we used to live there! the two houses are carbon copies!) they couldn't open the front door even with a sledge hammer! The front windows are about two metres off the street so are at an awkward angle to break double glazing and then climb in, plus window locks etc. The backdoors are the same plus our yard is walled and the gates are padlocked, we also have anti-vandal paint on the top of the wall. After that they'd meet the dogs inside the house, most scarily (for them) ziggie who goes on the alert even if we let someone in (unless he knows them). So if you have a key know the alarm code and know Ziggie you're sorted!!!!!! Why the security? well the only thing worth money in this house is the dog!

Incase anyones wondering we let the fireman into next door
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

01-03-2006, 07:04 PM
My house is pretty secure with having UPVC double glazed windows and doors all round.Access to back garden is via a gate at bottom of drive (and also through patio doors obviously!) which is always locked surrounded by 7ft high fences.No one could climb the fences to get in because i have carpet grippers fixed to the top which would litterally tear your hands to pieces if anyone attempted to climb.I have a sign on fence warning people measures have been taken to secure property so am within the law.

This may all sound extreme,but my garden backs onto playing fields where hooligans hang out in the summer.I suffered from prowlers a few years ago which infuriated me,but this all stopped when i set Abe at them.
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-03-2006, 07:43 PM
Originally Posted by Inca
I would wake up and find you in the dog pen probably LOL
Correctamoss.........
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2006, 08:04 AM
Originally Posted by Harveys Mum
Ummmmmmmmmm and I know where you live...now, what took my fancy?????

I do too, think I'll meet you there, little Inca looks very nice

No, joking aside it is worrying, my parents have that sort of handle of their front door too, when they had to claim on their insurance for a broken back door after somebody tried to break in, they were told to replace it ASAP. They are now in the process of having a new front door along with all the safey locks and handles.

Ours only opens with a key from outside, which is a pain at times, but security is important.
Lucy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-03-2006, 09:21 AM
That's a bit scary Inca! My house is v. secure - I have locked myself out loads of times. Luckily, there is always a responsible sibling on hand with a spare key. Doh
Stephanie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2006, 03:48 PM
i have an alarm too that goes straight through to the police as well window locks etc etc, also one look/growl from Murphy (Rottie) and Jesse (GSD) would probably send them running at a very fast pace
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >