View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Stewart
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

15-08-2005, 08:17 PM
I think the best book i ever read was the grapes of wrath followed closely by the day of the Jackal
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-08-2005, 08:35 PM
Nothing highbrow for me anything by Dick Francis, Joanna Trollope or the earlier Jilly Cooper (felt they got a bit silly more recently).
Doing a Masters degree in Finance I need some light relief!

Gill
rich c
Almost a Veteran
Male 

15-08-2005, 10:47 PM
I'm just finishing off a marathon Dan Brown session. Started with Digital Fortress, then read Deception Point, then Angels and Demons and am currently 3/4 through Da Vinci code.

Digital fortress and Angels and Demons are very good, in my opinion, but they're all pretty good! The Da Vinci Code is a bit slower paced, but very though provoking!
scotbun1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2005, 06:01 PM
2 Scottish Authors. Ian Rankin (Rebus) and Quentin Jardine I've read all their books and they are brilliant. They are both Edinburgh detectives and it's so good because you recognise the areas they are talking about. Some names have been changed but you know where they are talking about.
Breeders by Anita Burgh - fantastic
Tracie
Aileen
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-08-2005, 06:13 PM
I've read both the Da Vinci Code and Digital Fortress, preferred the Da Vinci code, but both were good. i've heard that Angels and Demons is the best, so that's on the list.

i've read quite a few of Ian Rankin and one Quentin Jardine, I like a good detective series myself and it's always nice when you can picture the real place, even if a body has just been found

Another author I would totally recommend is Christopher Brookmyer, another Scottish author and they are kind of detective stories but from another perspective, they are very witty and can be slightly gruesome at times but they are written really well. Quite ugly one morning is great.

will have to keep an eye out for the The Celestine Prophecy Mand, sounds like it could be interesting

Aileen x
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3