Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2011, 11:52 AM
slb..here is the story...http://www.examiner.com/dogs-in-nati...brink-of-death
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2011, 11:58 AM
Thank you - that is just awful. So glad he is on the mend though.

It never fails to shock me how many awful people there are.
Pilgrim
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2011, 12:02 PM
Sickening
Crysania
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2011, 12:13 PM
I've been following Patrick's story closely ever since the whole thing started. Horrible story but what a brave little dog. I'm behind Patrick's Law 100%.
SibeVibe
Almost a Veteran
Female 

01-04-2011, 12:21 PM
Originally Posted by Sara'n'Scout View Post
Patrick will make a difference.

I was talking to my friend about it and she was saying how horrible this poor dog's story is... I told her that I have seen worse, and his story is not unique, but because of social networking, and the fact that his rescuers know how to use this to their advantage, his story has reached the world.

Patrick was lucky, and he will have people wanting to adopt him left right and center...

but what about the thousands of other dogs that meet fates worse than his, that suffer worse atrocities than he has, no one knows their names, no one tried to save them.

This day of the throw away society needs to stop... I hate seeing it. I hate seeing dogs die on the reserves that I rescue off of, because no one can/will help. I hate having to put down kittens that have been slammed in car doors than put in a suit case in the trunk with a broken back to die, I hate transporting a dog with maggots crawling under his skin, because no one cared enough to get his mange treated, then stopped feeding him so he'd leave their yard... hearing him scream for the entire hour and a half long trip, than having to have him pts at the end of it all.

I hate it, yet nothing can be done but rescue a few at a time, and spay one at a time, as our government ignores the issue, and wont interfere with reserves...

yes, Patrick was lucky...

at least he's alive, and has the support of the world.

Patrick's story will hopefully bring the right people to attention.
Totally agree. There are so many folks who work quietly and tirelessly for canine welfare everyday (including many Dogsey members). I hope Patricks Story makes a difference and the world wide attention this story has been given can lead to tougher laws for those who neglect and cause suffering to dogs.

Take care.

Seoniad.
Stormpants
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-04-2011, 09:14 PM
Been following the story for a few weeks too.

Poor, poor dog. But, I am so happy he was strong enough to come through it and now has the chance of a loving home, once he is fully recovered!
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2011, 08:38 AM
I haven't watched the video but I have seen his pictures on another site. I just could not believe that he was still alive in those photos. I cried looking at them and just am speechless at some people's mentality, poor little Patrick.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2