View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-04-2013, 08:59 PM
Sitting here surrounded by various toys, children's books, a hard had (don't ask) a couple of kongs and bones...and the remainder of a cardboard box that Remus has just finished shredding.......I am so glad we have a door on out lounge! At least I can shut it when someone knocks on the front door....and shut the kitchen door come to that!

My old flat was rarely untidy....but that was when I has no kids and just a cat!

We've had Paul's three boys here as well as my two little ones today....hence why I'm just sat here recovering rather than bothering to tidy the place up!
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-04-2013, 10:16 PM
Love what you've done with the lounge and totally agree with your decision not to get the sofa - it would totally destroy what you've worked so hard to achieve, ie a nice and airy room that's comfy to be in.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

22-04-2013, 07:55 AM
Seeing as how you have chosen all my favourite decoratig colours, when will it be convenient for me to move in?
Malpeki
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-04-2013, 09:02 PM
Hey Helena, didn't read properly all suggestions, so maybe I missed something

but I wouldn't resign on that sofa

as I could see, there is another entrance to that other room left hand of your TV?
why not just wall up, where the glas doors are?

it would get a cosy corner for your beloved sofa
and it wouldn't make the room smaller then, maybe even bigger and enough far away of the TV, still space enough for your chairs beside in front of and for a nice table in the middle

even in winter, you had not to heat the whole hall too, for to get it warmer, where it's more necessary for to feel comfy

for sure the hall will get darker by that, but are you living in the hall?
and you can still build in there a lamp, or even indirect lights for a special effect

so, just an idea
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2013, 05:35 AM
Thanks for the idea Malpeki, but around that corner is the dining area, which then has patio doors going straight into the conservatory and then out into the back garden, so by blocking up the hallway entrance into the lounge, you would then have to go right through the bungalow, out the back door and into the conservatory to get into the lounge

I see where you're coming from and it would fit beautifully across that wall where the glass doors are, but it just can't be done, we'd never sell the place eventually with no entrance into the lounge from the hallway.

I'll just have to live with a recliner, but I might get a new, softer material and feather pair instead of these leather ones. We seem to have been breeding them over the year, cos hubby wears his out so quickly, then he pinches mine, so I have to get new, and he's doing the same thing again right now cos he's worn his last one out, so it's shoved around the corner until my neighbours want to take it away.

Thanks for the input, the sofa has been cancelled and she's put my deposit against a new coffee table when we get round to furnishing this room.
Malpeki
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-04-2013, 06:17 AM
Good Morning Helena okay I understand

but you should rouse your hubby of the recliner more often, then your furniture would last longer
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4