Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2006, 12:30 PM

I Shouldn't Laugh Really

This morning Sarah, my friend and I took my dogs for a walk over the country park.
We turned onto this big field and to the right about 100yrds away was a man pushing his bike up the hill.
Shady my huge 11month old Rottie x GSD who was off the lead and who loves everyone took off at 100 mph to greet him, but the poor man who was obviously absolutly terrified seeing this huge dog hurtling towards him spun his bike round across him to block her and the look on his face was hilarious he looked like he really believed his end had come.
Luckily Shady has a very good recall and the minute I shouted to her she skidded to a halt about 3 ft from him and come back, while I called out that it was ok she was very friendly.
The poor man was too shocked to get any words out but the look of relief he was going to live after all was a picture
Molly2606
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2006, 04:23 PM
That poor man,
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2006, 04:33 PM
I wish i had been there to see it,sounds really funny
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2006, 05:58 PM
OMG that sounds hilarious. I'd have probably wet myself if I'd been there
darasa
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-05-2006, 08:08 PM
ahh poor bloke .. lucky she has got good recall or you may have had a dry cleaning bill.. lol lol
Rachel
cumbriandoglover
Dogsey Junior
Male 

23-05-2006, 08:33 PM
i t will not be so funny if he reports you under the dangerous dog act, which he is more than entitled to do, and your dog is taken away & destroyed. Will you be thinking its funny then? perhaps a slightly more responsible attitude to non dog loving members of the public would be beneficial!
trikeschick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2006, 08:38 PM
awh the poor man He should think himself lucky it wasn't our naughty pup running towards him - she hates bikes! Hence why she's always on lead!
darasa
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-05-2006, 09:23 PM
Originally Posted by cumbriandoglover
i t will not be so funny if he reports you under the dangerous dog act, which he is more than entitled to do, and your dog is taken away & destroyed. Will you be thinking its funny then? perhaps a slightly more responsible attitude to non dog loving members of the public would be beneficial!
I don't think that is a fair appraisal of this thread
???? why would he report her dog.. the dog came back as soon as it was called.. surely you can't report every dog you are scared of as a dangerous dog... just because it runs up to you... I have met people that are scared of my Chihuahua, that does not mean they have any grounds for their fear,or reporting her as a dangerous dog or that I don't have a responsible attitude..they are entitled to their feelings and I am allowed the opinion that they are being silly !! having said that I can FULLY understand this mans defensive action when approached by a large breed, but that was his reaction based on nothing more than a dog approaching.. the dog and owner did nothing wrong!
novavizz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2006, 10:10 PM
A dog does not have to bite or cause injury to be reported as a dangerous dog, any dog can be reported, even a puppy, if the person reporting it says they were frightened or worried. Not fair, I know, but worth thinking about.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2006, 07:12 AM
I think I had better explain, I did NOT laugh at this man to his face because at the time I was embarrased that my 11 month old bouncy pup would scare him, such a big man, or anyone and I was apologising to him and explaining that even if she had reached him and not responded to my recall she would never have hurt him.
But she did respond immeadiatly as always, and came straight back on my command so no harm was done.
But you know what its like you get home and have a coffee with your friend and start to see a lighthearted side to situations. Had she barked or shown any agression or failure in her recall I would not have later found this remotely funny. I take the resposibility of owning my dogs very seriously indeed.
Last night though the tables were turned. My friend and Ihad just finished doing the horses and dog agility was being held in one of our fields that we had to walk through to get back to our car. A few weeks a go a border collie ran at us very aggresively and rather made us nervous.
We could see it in our pathway again and it looke like it was off the lead while the owner was fishing round in her car.
Brave me made my friend walk in front so if it got her I could get to the gate safely LOL.
It was the conversation of us to wimps getting up the field past the dog whom was on a lead we discovered as we past it that had us in hysterics and tears of laughter running down our face on the way home. Perhaps its just us being of the older generation that has to just see a funny side to something that ends up non serious. Life has enough true sadness without making it worse.

Bev
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >