View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2016, 10:23 AM
Well thank you both for not saying take more water with it, I am sick to death of that joke
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2016, 10:26 AM
Oh NIPPY!!!!!!! Hugs to you, ribs are awful anyway but having a chest infection and coughing too...oh poor you, i hope you are on the mend soon
TW,thanks for the link...not sure if to just put up with my hunters and force my legs in Lol
Mandy, hope the knee is better today
Lynn, hope dillon decides to eat soon
Sue, you never have a lazy day!!!
Morning moyra, hope you have had a nice walk with Amber
Got my fingers and toes crossed for Casey
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

10-03-2016, 11:04 AM
I have a big thank you to this forum, I now know what I am having for dinner.

See post no 3
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-03-2016, 01:48 PM
No worries, Barry. Sue likes to keep you on your toes and your brain working on different ways of how to find what and when your next meal is
As we know, I spend a lot of time breaking the odd rib here and there, and I have found having a hot water bottle on the afflicted area does seem to help it get better quicker.
Had a brilliant walk with the girls. Quite a lot of people out, Zen behaved really well, she came back from playing with other dogs,although she did ignore my recall on the way to them, Mabs was with her and came back straight away, so Zen was on her own and that made her a little uncertain I think, so she came steaming back at the next whistle. Then Mabs duffed her up for not coming back straight away
All of a sudden the place was empty,so Kesh was able to go off as there were no victims for her to chase, finished the walk back to the canal basin with them all offlead and not a moments trouble. Then Kesh went onlead, a bit further on, Mabs, then Zen as we came up to the stile and back into the village, all of them walking nicely for a change. Took Cariad and Lona onto the field for a game of ball and charge round, they are quite sedate these days, apart from the odd pursuit of a rabbit or squirrel, and set off back home. Everybody has had a tidy up with the grooming rake, cleaned and tidied up outside and kennels,they're all settled with a bone for the afternoon now.
I can't even get in my Hunters, Griff,well I can, but a performance getting them off, my calves aren't enormous either, so a pair of brand new size 4 Hunter wellies looking for someone with matchstick legs
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2016, 02:07 PM
TW, sounds like a smashing walk...it really makes my day when i can go out and have a lovely walk with my pups...makes me feel all warm and nice.
I know what you mean about the hunters, i went for the ladies ones that they did with the extra wide calf fitting....i have no idea how wide my calves are but i am not super chunky and they are snug, if i don't have my socks and trousers tucked in in a certain way i can't get them on properly...taking them off, well, talk about nearly removing my leg!!! i need to get one of those boot jack things and fit it outside the house.
i forgot to tell you all, my mum went to see the works Dr again yesterday and she has agreed with our GP that mum can't be on the phones all day so has recommended with discussion with my mum redeployment...she suggested an admin role where less time on the phone would be better suited to my mum....soooooooooooooo she is off to HR, only on a 6 month redeployment and if there is no job vacancy there at the end she can put her name down to go to other departments, she is very very popular within the council and all departments know that she is reliable and very good at whatever job she is given so there are plenty of people keeping an eye out for her for jobs within their departments. Next bit of news....the one who bullied her has had an investigation going on due to the 8 others making a complaint.....that number has now dropped to 6 as others have backed out, mum is supporting them and making a statement and providing all paperwork she has on everything that happened to her, the union went to the manager who said there needed to be an investigation...if any proof was found then there would be a formal investigation...what has happened this time is an outside person has been appointed to investigate what has been going on (i think this is right) so a manager from outside the building they all work in has been put in charge of seeing what has been going on.... from what i can gather, they have found that yes...there is a case to answer, she has behaved inappropriately and there is going to be action now! i have to tell you all, she was beginning to start on one of the cleaners....now the cleaning staff are "f" all to do with her but she was following the cleaning lady round, making "notes" on her and the cleaner text her boss who rung her up and said that if it were to happen again text them immediately...she did do and the woman was told to leave the cleaner alone, she was told whilst the investigation is going on she is not to go to the floor where her staff are, to have no contact with staff etc, guess what??? she is constantly coming down to the floor where they are, yes the other managers are there but she isn't going direct to them, what the staff are doing are keeping a note of the time, date and who is around at that time and that will all be produced at the relevant time. There is something seriously wrong with the woman, it seems to me that she needs to be picking on and belittling people and certainly shouldn't be in a job where she is in charge of people..quite sad really that th only way someone can feel good about themselves is by picking on others. Anyway, my mum has got out of the department, she will be sad to leave her friends but won't be sad to leave the department, she loved helping people and was being stopped from dong that and every day she seemed to be fighting people over the most pettiest of things
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-03-2016, 02:32 PM
Oh Griff, that is great news about your mum. As for this person thats caused all the trouble, from what you've said now about her, I wonder if she has some sort of mental illness, I mean thats not normal is it, constantly on the prowl and refusing to accept that it is way above and beyond her remit. So glad there is a proper investigation going on and there can be no cover ups,and hoping your mum gets the nicest job available with the nicest people.
I have always bought the mens Hunters as the leg is longer and they are not as wide,so all of a sudden they don't fit me, and everything else does, my old Hunter wellies fit me, the new ones don't and are wayyy too narrow. I think this place in China that is now manufacturing them (no longer made in Scotland by the way) is using people with stick thin legs to model them!!!!
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2016, 03:06 PM
yep TW, since they moved the manufacture to china, they no longer last and people have complained they are also uncomfortable...paying that price for wellies you don't expect them to leak after a couple of months...mine are the old ones so don't leak and are just below my knee
I hope my mum gets a permanent job at the end of it...if not i am sure she will find something...know what you mean about the woman and if she is ill it may explain her behaviour but i won't ever forgive what she did to my mum, also her employers should have noticed something was amiss after the first couple of people complained...not left it until at least 12 people have reported her and at least 1 stating she is the reason she left! it is just nice to see my mum happy again and it is like a huge weight has been lifted off her shoulders knowing she is getting out....it couldn't have been nice going in to a place knowing that every day several people were going to be coming up and picking on every little thing you did and try to force you to do stuff that was going to harm your health
Just steaming butternut squash for the dogs to have with their tea...can't find my gratey thing for the food processor though
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-03-2016, 03:19 PM
Tell me about the gratey thing and the food processor.... I am still looking for a grating gadget that actually works, if you have one I need to know I am using a hand grater, takes me about 5 mi utes to grateeverything every night, then I steam it, but would love something where I put the stuff in one end and it comes out grated the other end, with no trauma or sulks or blockages from the machine
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2016, 03:24 PM
Oh dear Nippy that was a nasty fall please take care.

I love it June poor Zen can't do right for doing wrong in Mab's eyes I know she took time to come back but she was good for you.

Good news about your mum Griff and such a weight off her shoulders. Hope she gets a permanent job at the end of 6 months and she enjoys what she does.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-03-2016, 03:39 PM
She's at the age where they give you the finger and shout Screw You as they rampage their way through all comers, so i do think she is pretty good, or maybe the Screw You stage isn't upon us as yet
Field is still very boggy so no formal training sessions during the week either. Got a nice dry period coming up now, according to BBC Weather that is, and hoping to do stuff with her, Kesh and perhaps Mabs, if she'll condescend to join us that is
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »