Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Adele-84
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-12-2008, 08:28 PM

Maisy has sickness and the runs after worming tablet

Hi Guys,
Maisy (now 13.5 weeks westie) had her worming tablet yesterday mixed in with her food. She wouldnt eat her dinner tonight, went into the garden and had a very runny tummy, then she came back in and was sick all over herself
I got the tablet from my vet its a Milbemax tablet. Wondering if anyone else has had this problem with puppys and worming tabs, I had the exact problem with my Staff when he was a pup too.
Could it maybe be too strong for her? the weight range is up to 10kg , but she only weighs just over 2kg.

Obviously I will give her the normal chicken and rice until she is better, but was just interested if anyone else has had this problem ??
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-12-2008, 10:27 PM
hi adele

i know that bruno always has a runny bum with his worming - but never been sick with it, hope someone else can help !!
ajshep1984
Dogsey Junior
Female 

09-12-2008, 10:33 PM
It's quite normal for them to have the runs and be sick after worming treatments, how long after was she sick?

I wouldn't switch diet, just keep feeding as usual.
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-12-2008, 07:46 AM
I had this with Fudge. I switched from Drontal to Panacur and have been fine since then....Maybe try a different one next time?
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-12-2008, 08:25 AM
Don't worry about the weight range. Your vet would have issued the exact dosage for her weight, which is why you need to go back each month to weigh her before collecting the next one. We were obviously lucky with Woody as he's never had a problem.
Is she feeling better today? Hope so x
Harry25
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-12-2008, 07:35 PM
Poppy was sick once after her worming tablet when she was 10 weeks old. Vet told me to re-worm and gave me Pancur granules, she was fine after that. Now she has Drontal tablets.
lilyput
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-12-2008, 08:08 PM
Vets can quite easily get the dosage wrong - you are always best to double check it on line.

Lily was very sick after taking Drontal - she had Panacur Favourite next time with no problems.

I will not use Drontal again for my dogs as it seems to cause a lot of problems.

I think many vets are offered incentives to prescribe it before anything else.
k9xxb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-12-2008, 08:37 PM
My vet actually gives milbemax before anything else. I tend to use drontal as i can buy it online and i've not had any probs so far.

Oooh just one for the runny poos - a couple of HARD boiled eggs mixed with a wee drop water for breakfast and tea does the trick