Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
jess
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-01-2008, 10:09 AM
Originally Posted by petticoat74 View Post
So.... who does feed canned if so many people are against it? Or am I just a bad, lazy owner? Sorry Jamie
No one hear wants you to feel bad or lazy - honest.

You have to do what you feel is best, and that is all that counts. You have a choice afterall, whether you make a good or bad one.

Can I put it another way for you- if you knew of someone that was feeding a pot noodle to their child everyday, they genuinly thought that was ok - as their child 'appeared' healthy, would you intervene and say something, or would you be happy that this person was making an informed desicion?
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-01-2008, 02:18 PM
My friend regularly gave her kids takeaways.... Jamie has just one can a day... he does have other stuff too, including raw lamb and veg... not together!! I am going to research giving him raw meat anyway, as my little pup Deacon is on raw minced tripe, wholemeal mixer, and other stuff. so Jamie well go back to that soon anyway....
I just started this thread to see who else feeds their dogs canned... after all there are plenty of cans in supermarkets someone must buy them?
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-01-2008, 02:34 PM
By the way Jamie does 'appear' healthy!! His breeder, is more than happy with him and so is my vet!! Both dog owners for several decades!!
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-01-2008, 02:49 PM
One size does not fit alll.
If your dog is ahppy and well on tinned food, you are ahppy, your vet is happy, your breeder is ahppy, your dog is happy, then carry on with what you are doing.
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

11-01-2008, 03:03 PM
I feed mine once a week on 1.2kg tins of chicken chunks. they love a little change now and then.
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-01-2008, 03:05 PM
Originally Posted by nero View Post
I feed mine once a week on 1.2kg tins of chicken chunks. they love a little change now and then.
And I must say your Rotties look darn gorgeous on it!!
buzzie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-01-2008, 03:21 PM
I have had Crystal on 'Solid Gold' kibble most of her life but since she is such an old gal now and lost teeth I have switched to 'Solid Gold turkey" canned or Wellness and she is doing quite well. $1.89 a can, hopefully it's quality.

She loves her brocolli and carrots so that and boiled chicken now and then is pretty much her diet now. She just mentioned don't forget to tell them about my liver treats at night. lol yes, she can talk
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-01-2008, 03:24 PM
Originally Posted by buzzie View Post
I have had Crystal on 'Solid Gold' kibble most of her life but since she is such an old gal now and lost teeth I have switched to 'Solid Gold turkey" canned or Wellness and she is doing quite well. $1.89 a can, hopefully it's quality.

She loves her brocolli and carrots so that and boiled chicken now and then is pretty much her diet now. She just mentioned don't forget to tell them about my liver treats at night. lol yes, she can talk
Jamie adores his chicken and carrots too.... Is Crystal the cutie in your avatar?
buzzie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-01-2008, 03:32 PM
Originally Posted by petticoat74 View Post
Jamie adores his chicken and carrots too.... Is Crystal the cutie in your avatar?
thank you, that's her. People still say "when did you get your puppy" and she's 13, she takes a few more naps but still runs on her walks and is doing quite well. Understand we have a Papillon that is 15 here on Dogsey. (Dawn's Pap)
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-01-2008, 04:59 PM
I've been feeding raw for the past couple of weeks but will be changing back to Kibble shortly (too expensive to feed 2 big dogs raw!)

Anyway, mine used to have half a tin each now and then to break up the monotony of kibble. They normally have Chappie as I find this is gentle on their tums but sometimes they had Natures Diet as well. Anything with jelly, and particularly gravy, gave them the runs so I only fed them the loaf kind.

After trying the raw approach though I will be giving my dogs that on occassions instead of canned food.
Page 8 of 19 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 18 > Last »